Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV AET Barrel accuracy

Climbhard

I've picked up an older SV with a Schuemann AET barrel and for the life of me I can't get the accuracy I expect out of it. I'm loading Montana Gold and Zero 190 JHP between 1.18 and 1.2" using 4.8 to 4.9 grains of Titegroup and getting 165-171 power factor but the problem is I can't get it to shoot better than 1.5" at 11 yards. This is rested off a bench. Now it's not my marksmanship because my VP9 shoots 0.6" with my 9mm reloads. What do you guys think. Is it the gun or my reloads? Should I expect better?

Well, we have not built guns with Schuemann in more than 8 years. Do you know how many rounds are through the gun? If the barrel is not shot out you should expect better accuracy than what you are getting. I did some accuracy testing 2 weeks ago and with a .45 ACP barrel I got a 5 shot group in .907" at 50 yds! I don't remember the exact group sizing with a 9mm barrel but all 5 shots were touching at 50 yds. Simply amazing accuracy from a pistol barrel.

Lee

Well, we have not built guns with Schuemann in more than 8 years. Do you know how many rounds are through the gun? If the barrel is not shot out you should expect better accuracy than what you are getting. I did some accuracy testing 2 weeks ago and with a .45 ACP barrel I got a 5 shot group in .907" at 50 yds! I don't remember the exact group sizing with a 9mm barrel but all 5 shots were touching at 50 yds. Simply amazing accuracy from a pistol barrel.

Lee

That's where I'm going. It's an older gun. If I want to get it rebarreld where should I send it. I can buy a new barrel from Schuemann but would I ship the slide only or do I have to ship the frame also to have it fitted. Edited by Climbhard

If it is a factory built SV we can rebarrel it. If it is a SightTracker we will have to modify the slide though. The rear of the rib is now square and closer to the locking lugs. Shoot us the serial number and we can verify if it was factory built for you.

info@sviguns.com

Lee

Lee

I'm not having accuracy issues with my 5 year old AET barrel, but would you mind sharing what load/ammo you shot that group with? Would love to have something that accurate!

Lee

I'm not having accuracy issues with my 5 year old AET barrel, but would you mind sharing what load/ammo you shot that group with? Would love to have something that accurate!

The .45 ACP was 4.3gr N310 with a 230gr Hornady FMJ at 1.250". I loaded them right before the test. The 9mm was tested with Winchester 147gr TC 147 grain Truncated Cone Metal Case (TCMC).

Lee

Well, we have not built guns with Schuemann in more than 8 years. Do you know how many rounds are through the gun? If the barrel is not shot out you should expect better accuracy than what you are getting. I did some accuracy testing 2 weeks ago and with a .45 ACP barrel I got a 5 shot group in .907" at 50 yds! I don't remember the exact group sizing with a 9mm barrel but all 5 shots were touching at 50 yds. Simply amazing accuracy from a pistol barrel.Lee

The .45 ACP was 4.3gr N310 with a 230gr Hornady FMJ at 1.250". I loaded them right before the test. The 9mm was tested with Winchester 147gr TC 147 grain Truncated Cone Metal Case (TCMC).

Lee

Awesome thanks! I'll grab some N310 and give it a try. Also sent you a PM on a different matter...

I was never impressed with the accuracy out of my AET sti apeiro..... Tried all kinds of bullets. The STi DVC would shoot nice and tight with every bullet I tried. The AET not so much. My glock 17 shoots tighter groups at 25 yards.