Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 Gen 4 jamming

obsessiveshooter

I run 11lb springs in my 3.3 titegroup loads and a 15lb on my 4.3 titegroup loads, all with 180gr rmr round nose Bullets and cci primers and a Zev extended firing pin. Never had an issue since I and I'm well passed 5,000 rounds.

I run 11lb springs in my 3.3 titegroup loads and a 15lb on my 4.3 titegroup loads, all with 180gr rmr round nose Bullets and cci primers and a Zev extended firing pin. Never had an issue since I and I'm well passed 5,000 rounds.

You went to the range no issues, possibly under stress at a match you are doing something different. Try having a friend watch/video you shoot they may see what is going on. shoot a drill or set up a stage that puts some pressure on you. Just a thought.

• 1 month later...

I'm now running a 15lb captured spring on a jager guide rod. I have a chrono now and I've been shooting 190pf for the last yea!. My first two matches running my new load with 170pf ammo and the new guide rod/recoil spring I had zero malfunctions. That had an incredible effect on my match placement. This last match I shot I had another stovepipe jam like I used to have. I'm now going to try crimping my brass a little more. Maybe the lip of the brass is catching the back of the round that is about to be ejected and making it come off the ejector? I also ordered a 14lb and 13lg recoil spring to try. I've got a new resolve to figure out this problem, instead of quitting glock and getting a CZ TS.

I suggest trying a lighter spring too. If your spring is too stout the slide never cycles all the way back and the springs rushes to close the slide too fast and sometimes closes before the shell is ejected causing a stove pipe.