Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tooth and Nail MKA-1919

shippj

What did you use for a mount for the TRS-25? I heard the mounts that came with them are not that good.

I might try that route, not sure yet. Had hopes for the EO-Tech, but think I need to go a different route. Im going to check into seeing if they will fix it though, its pretty old (12 years old or so).

On another note, what do most of you use for mag pouches? I was looking at 308 mag holders, but maybe a dump pouch is more the way to go? I know T&N make a mag pouch, maybe just go with theirs.

On another note, what do most of you use for mag pouches? I was looking at 308 mag holders, but maybe a dump pouch is more the way to go? I know T&N make a mag pouch, maybe just go with theirs.

PM me if this interests you.

post-3273-0-36578400-1447732845_thumb.jp

Edited by norbs007

Crap. I have an eotech 512 sitting on mine right now and I love it. Only has about 150 shells through the shotgun though and I'm heading up to hard as hell. Hate for it to die in a match. Guess I'll sight in an extra cmore and bring that too. Eotech even has a picture of a 512 on a shotgun on their site! Ugh!

Here are some videos testing with different ammo. This first one was Winchester super-X. I would never run this is a match but was just testing it.

This one is my neighbor/shooting partner running Winchester AA.

Lots of fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Brought mine to the hard as hell match this last weekend. Gun ran great but had lots of trouble with magazines. Easy spent 250+ seconds just trying to get it to load the first rounds. I'm spending my time right now learning to tune these things to feed so I don't have that pleasure again.

Upside, after it feed the first two shells or so it was great!

That the feed lips need tuning to be consistent. There are some YouTube videos by Jim Lambert that go over the mags and I've found some posts on other forums from tooth and nail that have helped too. Still not there though.

My eotech xps 2 also fell victim to the 1919. I went to a vortex venom that I won last year and have had 0 issues with it. Vortex also has great warranty service so I'm a little more comfortable with it. Loved the eotech reticle though and really miss it. For me, it seemed much faster on the shotgun.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My eotech xps 2 also fell victim to the 1919. I went to a vortex venom that I won last year and have had 0 issues with it. Vortex also has great warranty service so I'm a little more comfortable with it. Loved the eotech reticle though and really miss it. For me, it seemed much faster on the shotgun.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have been testing the J point Circle Dot reticle (same reticle as Eotech) So far I really like it. I also am testing one on my pistol, very nice ! :)

On the mag tuning, - there is no reason/need to remove the Last round bolt hold open from the mags, a properly tuned mag runs just fine with it left intact

http://www.jprifles.com/cart_pix/ph/3830.jpg

3830.jpg

Edited by toothandnail

Got my MKA from T&N Monday. These folks are super to deal with. Took it to the range and put 2 boxes of 1 1/8 X 1200 through it with no hiccups. Next shot a box of WallyWorld Federals and had one stovepipe. Then tried 5 Remy managed recoils and had one stovepipe. Next was 10Fiocchi 7/8ozX1300 with no problems. Went back to the Remy MRs and shot 15 clean. Only gripe I have is it takes a considerable amount of effort to push the button to drop a mag. Other than that I'm real happy!