Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Indiana Section Championships

Just received this in an e-mail

The 2005 Indiana State Championship will be conducted on July 9 & 10 and, unbelievably, promises to be even better than last year.   If you competed in last year s match, then you know we had great stages and a smooth running match, start to finish.   If you didn t shoot last year, then you owe it to yourself to compete this year.  The match will again be hosted by the Central Indiana Practical Shooters at their home range in Atlanta, Indiana.  If you need to reference the location on a map, the range address is 29595 Leonard Road in Atlanta.

It gets better .. . .  The entry fee is only $85 for this Level II, Point Series match.  This fee includes a match T-shirt for all whose entry fee is received prior to June 1.

We have designed 8 courses of fire, requiring 150+ rounds to be fired.   If you enjoyed the Saloon in 2004, you'll be similarly challenged with the exciting action in these stages;  Taking Sides , The Water Bucket , Go Your Own Way , Mirror , and Image .

More good news . . .    Our match is conducted in a ½ day format.  You can shoot Saturday AM (8:00AM to 12:30Noon), Saturday PM (1:30 to 5:30 PM), or Sunday AM (8:00AM to 12:30Noon).   By special request, shooters can also shoot with the RO squads on Friday afternoon, July 8 (1:30 to 5:30 PM).   You can arrive at the match, compete, and be ready to depart in about 5 hours.

Make your plans to shoot this exciting match.    We are listed on the Match Calendar in the USPSA website or register online now at http://www.moxiecreative.com/inStateMatch/

Thanks,

Walt Rosenquist

Indiana Section Coordinator

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least the word is out there a bit earlier than last year. This match ran smoother than most monthly matches we run at the same range. Great range and location (30 minutes north of Indianapolis).

I know there were several concerns regarding lack of concessions at last years match. I'll drop the word to those in charge to see if this can be addressed.

• 1 month later...

BTT - "official" e-mail went out yesterday

Regarding concessions - the early, yet unconfirmed, word is that one of the Indiana section clubs will be selling food for a fundraiser for range improvements (read: berms).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping to get up there in time to see some stages. My sister is watching the kids but she isn't getting up until noon. Hope I can make it up early enough to watch

Recon :ph34r::ph34r: lol

Flyin40

I shot today with the RO's. 153 rounds required. You'll have three (3) 32 round field courses, two (2) 6 shot speed shoots, a Classifier (Six Chickens), and a couple of 16 round medium courses. 7 Stages plus Chrono. Most of it is heads up, but there is some really good stage design that makes for some challenges.

Good match. Have fun!

Side To Side was a head scratcher. Not that I shot it well but still a pain. I actually shot the Mirror and Image speed shoot as my best 2. 6.2 and 6.8 all A's. Thinking afterwards maybe throw 2 at each steal to drive them down faster. It seemed like they took forever to fall.