Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Pro-Am dates and location?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't hold this back any longer.

Don't advertise. Don't utilize your website. Put out next to nothing for info. Kills it pretty quick.

My guess is few returned applications and few, if any, sponsors because of the aforementioned are the "reasons beyond our control".

There were numerous problems last year. I will not go over them again. An "After Action Review" should have been done immediately afterwards to identify and rectify those problems and to begin immediate planning for the next year. Instead, some of those problems (website, spreading info, etc.) were duplicated 10x. 

Prognosis: the Pro-Am under current ownership/management is dead. The name is now tainted. The only way it can EVER be resurrected is under new ownership/management.

This is disappointing to say the least. I will never shoot another match associated with these people!

Scold me if you want. This is the last I have to say about it. I'm done with Pro-Am!

FYI the replacement match they are trying to put on for canceling the ProAm for $100 for one gun and $175 for two guns will not have a prize table or payouts . Seems like a lot of coin for a glorified local match. I emailed them with my thoughts with no reply. Just wanted folks to know before they decide to go and expect a prize table . I decided to take a hit on the airfare that I won't get refunded even thought I gave my commitment to go. I blame myself for believing in it this year after last year car crash.

It seems they didn't get much turnout for the Pro-Am so they're winging it.  And they're STILL not advertising or communicating well.  No Web page, no Facebook page for the new match, no Enos announcement, and only a response to comments on the original Facebook page.  The registration form they send you doesn't even explain the match or let you know when you will be shooting.

Same f-ed up mess, different day.  

Trying to save face and say they are still doing some sort of steel match instead is lame. Like you said no communication even after the fact of screwing people . No real responsibility is taken here and still they don't seem to care about making the fake substitute match work. Such a shame they can destroy which was once a heathy match without caring .

The match that will be in Oxford in Oct is not part of Pro Am so there is no way Pro am can make decision on Payout or prize table.

Not being able to have a worthy prize table was the main reason for pulling the match

IT was not our intent to pull the match but - felt it was best - Seems either way we were going to make people unhappy with us

The match that will be in Oxford in Oct is not part of Pro Am so there is no way Pro am can make decision on Payout or prize table.

Not being able to have a worthy prize table was the main reason for pulling the match

IT was not our intent to pull the match but - felt it was best - Seems either way we were going to make people unhappy with us

Not trying to be a wise a--zzz but looks like you brought this on yourself . No communication is you.