Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DA trigger pull reach on CZ 75B vs SP01 Shadow

MilkMyDuds

I had the CZC SP01 Shadow custom for a couple weeks before I sold it. The reason was that I have short finger and could barely reach the DA trigger with the tip of my finger.

However, today I was browsing at Cabela's store and they have the CZ 75B on sale. I tried it and was surprised that I could semi-comfortably reach the DA pull, though the pull was like 20lbs. In case you may ask, the hammer was fully down, not at half-cocked position.

I wonder if the 75B and SP01 Shadow have different frame size? If so, is it possible to get a SP01 Shadow on 75B frame?

Thanks.

The Shadow and the 75B frames are the same size, the tolerance stacking on different combinations of parts could account for the difference; a different trigger could be the reason as well. CZ has three basic DA trigger shapes: the SP01, the "new style" and the "old style" (shortest reach to longest)

CZTriggers_zps4e2b84aa.jpg

I tell people with reach issues to switch to the SP01 trigger:

CZ75Triggers0688-800_zps4d31fcb0.jpg

I think of the different triggers I have tired the PCR trigger was the furthest rearward was kind of like the black recurve trigger but thinner.. I installed a pre travel screw in a PCR trigger combined with a hybrid disco from CGW and it makes a big difference in the reach of the DA. Pre travel screw wouldn't be Production legal tho as you can see it.

I like the trigger on the far right in your pic. I have run both new and old style sp01 trigger, shadowline trigger, 85c trigger and stock 75b trigger. I do not have big hands at all and for me it came down to feel rather than reach. The interface between face of trigger and my finger pad.

• 2 weeks later...

Question I have a cz75 sa lower that I have ran a cz85 shadow custom upper on and it ran flawless. Now I have a cz75b at my disposal I put that slide on the sa lower and it will not push the firing pin. My question is do I, or can I remove the firing pin block plunger from the slide and run it? I did the pencil test after slide is racked stuck a pencil in the barrel vertical and oulled the trigger and it did not move at all. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk