Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA belt fit

Thaunk

On my limited and open rigs I run a mag right about my bellybutton so strapping the belt in the back gives me room to run my mags our front ....

Oh. Makes sense.

I run a production rig and a limited rig with the mags farther back, never understood why I saw folks wearing the belts with ends back. Thought maybe it was a gangsta thing or something.

Pictures shows the overlap on the outer belt. I'm not sure if it's enough. Look ok to you guys or not?

I don't understand how it happened, but over the past ten years, my belt seems to

have shrunk just like yours did. :surprise:

My belt looked exactly like the one in your photo, so I just ordered a new, larger belt.

Can't wait to try it out Saturday. :cheers:

I know exactly how it happened. Steak and liquor are awesome. :eatdrink:

And I'm past the 30 day return to SC, so I'll have it up in the trade section shortly.

On my limited and open rigs I run a mag right about my bellybutton so strapping the belt in the back gives me room to run my mags our front ....

Oh. Makes sense.

I run a production rig and a limited rig with the mags farther back, never understood why I saw folks wearing the belts with ends back. Thought maybe it was a gangsta thing or something.

Oh. Makes sense.

It's all about looking the part :) who's cares how u shoot as long as u look legit !!

Ok, I think I went a bit too far the other way. This is a 46. I measured myself and got a 44 waist with a tape measure I probably bought from Home Depot.

I have 2 rigs, an open and production. I run that much overlap on both with no issues. Production to the front and open to the back. I like having a little more than too little because it seems like my belts get shorter as time passes by.

Ok, I think I went a bit too far the other way. This is a 46. I measured myself and got a 44 waist with a tape measure I probably bought from Home Depot.

I have 2 rigs, an open and production. I run that much overlap on both with no issues. Production to the front and open to the back. I like having a little more than too little because it seems like my belts get shorter as time passes by.

That is how mine is. My first belt I bought up sizes - 33in waist so i bought a 36in and the overlap was about 2-3 inches. With the DAA belt keeper it was just wide enough to make it work. So when I moved from SS to Limited I bought another belt and jumped to 40in. Now I have roughly the entire section of velcro on the outer belt covered by overlap but I much prefer this.

Edited by Punished

Ok so I spoke to Shooters and they're recommending about 3 to 5 inches of overlap for their belt but said 10 inches is fine. I found the belt almost loose with no equipment on it. Am I still missing something? I'm hesitant to hang equipment on it because then they won't take it back.

Ok so I spoke to Shooters and they're recommending about 3 to 5 inches of overlap for their belt but said 10 inches is fine. I found the belt almost loose with no equipment on it. Am I still missing something? I'm hesitant to hang equipment on it because then they won't take it back.

what division? You should be fine on the over lap if you put it to the rear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

32 pants. Bought a 38 belt that overlapped too much... i used a utility knife to cut of the extra so it wouldn't overlap my rear-most mag.

No problem... a lighter singed the fray threads ;P

You can always make them shorter. Can't make it longer. When in doubt order it a little bigger.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...