Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Related Nightmares

ERIC

Last night I had a dream the I was the second shooter of a large squad. When it was my turn to shoot, my mags weren't fully loaded and I wasn't familiar with the course of fire because I was not paying attention when the first guy shot. The funny thing is when I checked my mags, 45's, 22lr and 40's fell out of the mag. After a long pause after I loaded, I told the RO I wasn't ready and put me down a couple. The rest of the squad got pissed off because I was taking so long. At that point I woke up. It felt like those dreams where you go to school and have to take a test you didn't know about. That was 3:30 this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep after that.

The reference to .45 shows a deep seated insecurity regarding equipment size. The 22LR further reinforces this with the .40 pointing to an identity crisis. Are you curious? Do you often dream of going to school naked?

What kind of a relationship did you have with your Mother?

I recommend you drink several beers and don't shave for several weeks.

Regards,

Sigmund

While I don't dream of going to school nekkid! I did have the occasional dream of being in school wearing only my tighty whiteys!

My worst shooting nightmares involve the gun (generally a revolver) not going bang no matter how hard I pull the trigger.

Pre-Match nightmares generally involve not bringing a gun or leaving the gun at the range! Oh wait, that's really happened!

Nolan

The weirdest IPSC-related dream I had was:

I step up to the line and realize that there is a Beretta 92 in my holster, instead of my trusty 1911. When I go to load a mag in the gun, not only wouldn't the mag fit in the gun, but the bullets were in backwards in the magazine. Somehow, I get the gun loaded, and after the buzzer goes off, I aim at the first target and I try to pull the trigger, but I can't. The trigger pull was about 20 lbs. Then I woke up.

-David

I have had the trigger nightmare ever since I can recall, even before I started practical shooting. You pull it and it just doesn't come back far enough to break the shot, it always feels heavy in this dream. I have also had the one where I brought the wrong gun to the match, and I am at the line trying to figure it out. I thought this was just me, I am kinda glad the government fed some of you the same supplements, or was it the aliens, same difference you know.