Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My head says Glock 34, but my heart says CZ Shadow

LeviSS

You wouldn't be able to use the CGW hammer in USPSA Production too. You can use the CZ Comp hammer in USPSA and IDPA since it is CZ UB part used on another production pistol. The only hammer CZC makes is the 4lbs hammer.

You wouldn't be able to use the CGW hammer in USPSA Production too. You can use the CZ Comp hammer in USPSA and IDPA since it is CZ UB part used on another production pistol. The only hammer CZC makes is the 4lbs hammer.

Ok. I was confused on the CZC hammer. I wasn't sure if it was a factory offered part or a custom part. Thanks for the clarification.

CGW makes a production legal hammer that looks like the comp hammer. Totally legal. I have it on mine. :D

I have a 2005 ish CZ Shadow Target that I bought from the CZ custom shop, and a CZ Rami that went to Cajun Gun Works last year. In my opinion the CGW trigger is better... even at a stronger pull for carry. To be fair... the CGW trigger is short reset... the Shadow Target does not have short reset. Therefore, it is probably not a true comparison to the current versions of the Shadow Target that now come with the shorter reset.

Funny enough... I'm looking to get into USPSA this year and I'm thinking I'll be going with a Sig P320.

The CZ and the P320 are amazingly accurate shooters.

I don't think I can shoot IDPA if I replace the hammer with an aftermarket one like CGW or CZC. Otherwise I would.

Easy solution, (odds are you'll see it this way after some USPSA Matches...) but stop shooting IDPA.

Quite a few folks find that's a natural course, not everyone, but more than a few.