Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

red dot on 627 v comp

dswig

You would need a stupid tall sight to cowitness - most co-witness autos have the dot milled into the slide to get the dot low. You cannot mill the top strap of a revolver. Also, no benefit. Practice and learn to index on draws and reloads.

Get a BMT Kickstand and a Cmore. The bigger lens will help a lot. I use an 8 MOA on my 929.

Peterthefish nailed it. CMORE is what I use and I love the 8 minute dot. Faster to pick up and you don't need the smaller dot on for steel. Go with the 6 on the RAZER or an eight on the CMORE. That's what I have on my 929 also.

Hey guys new here, just got a 627 v comp and thinking about a red dot, maybe a vortex razor, for steel plate what are preferences on 3 or 6 moa ?

is it an advantage to try to co-witness front sight ?

thanks

Get a 6 moa dot for the Razor and don't worry about co-witness. In fact, if you are going to only use it with a red dot, I'd remove the front sight completely as it will be useless.

Edited by CoThG

I think the sidewise BMT is an interesting piece. I will note then when I tried it on my lightweight 327 for steel challenge it was a bit awkward. I felt it shifted the weight in a funny manner and just felt strange. I threw a deltapoint on that gun and really like it.

Question on the CMore and Kickstand.

Isn't the adjustments on the top and right side of the cmore, if mounted traditionally?

If you mount it on a kickstand to the left, doesn't that then cover the right side (originally windage and now elevation) adjustment screw?

Guess one could be drilled if the Cylinder didn't interfere.

What of the balance issue of left vs right?

Edited by pskys2

Isn't the adjustments on the top and right side of the cmore, if mounted traditionally?

If you mount it on a kickstand to the left, doesn't that then cover the right side (originally windage and now elevation) adjustment screw?

The mount has holes to access the adjustments - those guys think of everything! A little practice and the balance issue becomes a non-issue.

The mount has holes to access the adjustments - those guys think of everything! A little practice and the balance issue becomes a non-issue.

Thats good, anyone played with both right/left and the balance issue?

My next open ICORE rig will have a C-More in a sideways mount.

Don't tell me you are coming to the dark side. ☺

Not until I'm old and washed-up. ;)

So that will be next week sometime? :)

You are pretty good for an old washed up kinda guy though!

My next open ICORE rig will have a C-More in a sideways mount.

Don't tell me you are coming to the dark side. ☺
Not until I'm old and washed-up. ;)

So that will be next week sometime? :)

You are pretty good for an old washed up kinda guy though!

Is he referring to us when he is saying old? I know he can't mean we are also washed up.???