Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Check your Pockets

shooterrdy

3 Gun Nation Nationals

Stage 2 I think. I Make ready shotgun, rifle and then Pistol. I had a pistol mag in My cargo pocket of pants, load the pistol hot come to the line on the buzzer turn fire 2 rounds and the slide wont close remove the mag, rack the slide insert the mag rack the slide, still will not close, tell RO think I have a squib RO will not tell Me to stop, mess with the gun some more, Clocks Ticking

hear a voice say shoot it with your rifle. As it was loaded hot down range, go get the rifle clean up the front paper and finish the stage that included MGM 18 target Plate rack with shotgun and 121 seconds later (once finished) a squad mate comes to Me with lint / trash he picked off the ground and says your pistol was spitting this while you were jacking with it.

Clean your pockets before you wash your pants and don't load laundered paper into your pistol It will not end well..

did not finish a Major Match this year without something going wrong its been a year full of learning experience for sure.

Nationals was still Awesome

for the most part paper is 2 from a rifle or Pistol unless as you said it was in the stage brief. or 1 slug hit so these targets were your choice and where you staged your long guns was up to the shooter. the biggest deal different from most other disciplines is you can and often do re holster a hot pistol. I hated the Idea at first but now I think its the best fun ever.

Most often rifle steel is orange or blue and pistol/shotgun steel is white

Its shooters choice and Stage brief's are short.

Never change ANYTHING just before the match starts.

I watched a friend buy a new Para base pad from a vendor 20 minutes before a SC sectional match.

He installed it and on the first stage when the first round went off the mag spring ejected the base pad and itself followed by 15 rounds of 45ACP. It looked like that Para was making a bombing run on the stage.

Hmmmm.............note to self: Don't use anything that hasn't proven it's worth before the match.

• 1 month later...

Never change ANYTHING just before the match starts.

I watched a friend buy a new Para base pad from a vendor 20 minutes before a SC sectional match.

He installed it and on the first stage when the first round went off the mag spring ejected the base pad and itself followed by 15 rounds of 45ACP. It looked like that Para was making a bombing run on the stage.

Hmmmm.............note to self: Don't use anything that hasn't proven it's worth before the match.

Great advise and words to shoot by! I was your "friend" and made a weapons mod the day before a match, had minimal time to practice prior to match, and ultimately learned a valuable life lesson the hard way!!

"Never change ANYTHING just before the match"!

Young guy to old rich guy: So how did you make your money?

Old guy: Good judgement.

Young guy: How did you get good judgement?

Old guy: Experience.

Young guy: How did you get experience?

Old guy: From bad judgement.

• 5 weeks later...

I never put a magazine in my pockets just because I don't like things in my pockets but I can so see this happening to me if I did. The only things that ever do go in my pockets are receipts an they get laundered all the time. I agree with the joke about good judgment being born of bad judgment.