Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kneeling Atlas inspired Ghetto Blaster. Intro

dogtired

Either try the CZ 25 round mag or use a CZ custom long extension on a SP01 mag.

Long extension on an SP01 tube gets 25 with a Grams spring/follower.
Good to know. Same grams parts for small and large frame mags?

No. Lf and sf mags are totally different. Basically nothing interchanges.

• 2 weeks later...

Got czc springs and followers in the mail today and they aren't working well with my small frame mags at all. Don't sit close enough to the lips and every round nose dives pretty bad. Bent the follower nose high and same story.

I think the follower is dragging in the mag. Just start filing? Not much material on these to begin with.

It's one advantage the lf tanfos have over 2011s, cheap and super reliable mags at least for 140s. 170s are a bit more $$. But the basic k mags are so reliable.

Yep, the big sticks from EAA are expensive. I got 2 of the 38 super and wish I'd gone with something different. Using a modified shock bottle base pad and grams springs I can get 27+1 and can cram 28 in there but it's not as reliable as I'd like. Course I don't shoot open enough to really devote time in really testing and getting it tuned to run, something I need to do one day. I got too many Tanfos I think, lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Its been a long cold winter but finally made it into the garage today and drilled the pistol for the Cmore mount. It still needs it all glued together but here is the starter blaster. I want to shoot it a little before I decide to drop the money on a SA trigger and magwell. Currently the SA mode is pretty nice.

image_zpsdek8itis.jpeg

I took it to the range today. Worked up a load of 8.2 HS-6 and a 115's and made speed. The pistol shot pretty flat but being new to dot shooting I will have an experienced shooter give me an evaluation. Shot a plate rack or two without a timer and it handled pretty well. Working on mag capacity, only getting 21 in a 140 TF mag base, Mec Gar 17 and stock spring and follower.

Interestingly, an 18 round CZ mag had a salt shaker incident in testing and popped out on its own a few times. It was unmodified. I assume that the extra recoil generated the malfunction.

As an "Atlas Inspired" thread, I must included video. Visited the range again with the 11 y/0 in tow to video in slow motion (as I don't know how). Let me know what you think...

http://vid101.photobucket.com/albums/m70/supercrewd/Witness%20test_zpsjdgk2x7t.mp4

Edited by dogtired

• 1 month later...

I have still been in the testing mode. One of the problems I have had is the comp is rotating when I shoot it. I have once already dissassembled, cleaned and reinstalled the comp with red loctite, added set screws and still rotating. I will tear it down again and try another time. After that considering milling the comp down a little and seeing if that decreases the rotational forces.

I installed a Henning flat trigger and while nice, it does not really reset in a snappy fashion. I need to tune this a little.

I found the reset with the henning trigger too weak too. Buy the next step up in plunger spring and/or trigger spring from henning. I think I ended going up 2 steps on the plunger and up 1 on the trigger spring vs what is supplied in the kit. The kit comes with basically the lightest springs he offers for both plunger and trigger return. Even with those springs my trigger is still sub 2lb.

The meat is a little thin on these comps due to the scalloping. The set screws I put in are on 45* for more meat. I have hit it with a generous amount of 272 loctite and it held up to a practice run today. I may shoot my first match with it on Sunday.

I ran the poor mans open gun today in a match. The gun performed well with the exception of one poor ejection. Took a moment to clear. I had a few misses, not all A's but shot 75% of the M class open shooter who won the match.

The new Henning straight trigger still needs a stronger return spring. I was riding it a bit and hesitated a few times. I dont really want to spend $27 on a spring (19 plus shipping) so I am waiting until I can bundle it with another order. I also installed the long reach trigger as I have big mitts, and had a few muscle memory problems. The old trigger was so short a reach that when I contacted the long trigger I hesitated a few times as I processed that info.

The comp stayed put with a generous application of lock tite.

I have some 140mm mags that hold 22. No issues with capacity though. Of course 170mm extensions would be great.

Always fun to fling lead...