Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ck arms grip and frame or Phoenix trinity?

Superpipe9

Jeff 1383, How does that grip feel? Is the texture aggressive? It looks kind of thick.

Grip feels great. Not over aggressive but enough to keep a strong stable grip. I'd say it's a pretty perfect texture between too aggressive and none at all. I really didn't have a ton of time to fondle it before I boxed it up and shipped it off to coat.

2ccqtlz.jpg

Figured I'd share a photo of it back from coating.

Have you had any more time to get a better feel for how you like the grip? Looking to order one this week and want to hear some more opinions on it.
I really like the grip. I feel the pistol balances out very nicely now. The grip isn't super aggressive like the SVI. Standard AA holster for STI polymer grip will not work with this grip. My friends AA race master with the svi steel insert is not 100% either.

My CK steel grip on my 6" limited balances out nice. The gun feels heavy but with the weight in you hand the gun tracks and transition nice with out having follow through during wide transitions. Texture is just what it needs to be not a cheese grater but rough enough for solid grip and frees up in your if you need to rotate it for mag release.

I sent an email to DAA about Race Master blocks and received a response back from Saul that the SVI steel grip insert was what they tested and found worked. I purchased the SVI steel insert and it has worked as it should I did do some very slight cleaning up the block to remove burs but that is it.

My CK steel grip on my 6" limited balances out nice. The gun feels heavy but with the weight in you hand the gun tracks and transition nice with out having follow through during wide transitions. Texture is just what it needs to be not a cheese grater but rough enough for solid grip and frees up in your if you need to rotate it for mag release.

I sent an email to DAA about Race Master blocks and received a response back from Saul that the SVI steel grip insert was what they tested and found worked. I purchased the SVI steel insert and it has worked as it should I did do some very slight cleaning up the block to remove burs but that is it.

Just ordered a AA race master with the same insert from SC to give it a shot as this is what Matt advised prior to purchasing the grip. Before cleaning up the block did you notice any hang ups when drawing?

Prior to the cleaning up of burrs the only thing I noticed was it did not seat all the way down once or twice. I have shot 4 monthly matches and 3-4 practice sessions with it so far and it has worked just like my other Race master for my STI plastic grip.

Prior to the cleaning up of burrs the only thing I noticed was it did not seat all the way down once or twice. I have shot 4 monthly matches and 3-4 practice sessions with it so far and it has worked just like my other Race master for my STI plastic grip.

Awesome man thanks for the reply. Mine should arrive tomorrow

• 4 weeks later...