Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red dot zero

Garmil

It's gonna depends on how your slugs shoot in your barrel. For me, the Fiocchi 7/8oz 1300fps slugs shoot point of aim point of impact at 100 with IC, LM, and Mod. Pattern testing at 20yds using birdshot shows same point of aim and impact. I would say sight in for slugs at a given yardage and then check pattern with birdshot. A lot of it is going to depend on the slug distance you will be shooting.

Slug distance is going to vary and id rather just set it once and use it. In slug testing before the red dot I didn't get too technical, has always hit close enough poi poa on shots I've taken from 30-75 yards.

I like 100 yards simply because it should cover 95% of the slug shots you have to take. The. Just pattern test with birdshot at 20 to make sure it still lines up. Then check impacts at 50 and 75 yards with the chokes you may use. Do that and you will be fine. Obviously your birdshot pattern is more important than slugs so if they don't line up, zero for birdshot at 20-25 and see where the slugs fall.

I have done both. Decided on zeroing for 20 yd birdshot pattern. Then, determine slug drops from there. Since 95% of yer shots are birdshot, to me that drives the zero. assuming slug zero isn't that far off, go with the birdshot zero. My slugs will be on at 50 yds, and and 2" high at 100.