Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ipsc Production Gun Changes

BritinUSA

I was considering purchasing an SP01 for Production Division.  I don't mean to offend anybody, but the Glock 17 has also a long dust cover, don't it?

The long polymer dust cover on the Glock does not even compare to a long HEAVY steel dust cover.

What about the long HEAVY steel dust cover on the Jericho and Baby Eagle, among others, which are still legal? :blink:

Selective enforcement is not the way to proceed.

Agreed... and it's not like it makes a damn bit of difference.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 1st batch of SP-01s in the USA went on sale yesterday or the day before.

Retail price???: $495

So much for the "high dollar" argument - especially since the Production approved, accesory rail, all steel "Beretta 92 Steel I" retails for $1600. How much is that 18 shot Para LDA 9mm? ANd the mag capacity of the Para in IPSC Production? 18 rounds.

In addition, there is a post on the IPSC Village that the long approved IMI Baby desert eagle (aka Jericho 941/IMI Eagle) has been restored to the list,  EVEN THOUGH IT HAS A LONG HEAVY DUST COVER.

I personally do not believe there are any valid arguments against the SP-01's use in USPSA or IPSC. The ball is in the BOD's court; I hope they make a wise decision. Regards,

D.C. Johnson

495??? holy cR$%^, cheaper than what I had expected. I need to get me one.

On the $495 price Angus posted somewhere that price was a very special offering on the first shipment into the country. He said the retail price should hover around $550. Just a heads up - that's all.

$550 Retail is still below the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of the Glock -34 (one of the most popular choices for USPSA Production Division).

I think that we can put to rest the "high dollar race gun" argument against the SP-01.

If anyone thinks that the Tanfoglio Stock custom ought to be banned because they believe it is a "high dollar race gun" @ under $1000 retail, then please explain why the all steel framed Beretta 92 Steel I (MSRP $1600) should remain on the list.

Again, for the record, I am in favor of keeping all the Berettas, all Glocks, the CZ, and Tanfoglio SC, ON the list (as long as we follow IPSC's list system). Regards,

D.C. Johnson

www.shootersparadise.com