Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

That wasn't 'too' bad

Joe

Joe:

Are you on crack???? a turret press.  I bought a lee turret press (my first), and still use it for 38/357, but it didn't take me long to figure out I was wasting my life away pulling that handle three times to get one f^%$#g round.

• 1 month later...
Guest TXAG93

You have the Rockchucker, now just add the piggy back from RCBS.  I have had no problems with mine.  It isn't as fast as a Dillion 650, but it sure was cheaper and guaranteed for life.  I remember the "good old days" of single stage reloading for pistol.  Glad they are gone.  

Guest TXAG93

I have had no problems with my Piggyback.  I reload around 250-300 rounds an hour.  It isn't the fastest, but it does the job for a reasonable price.  I have loaded thousands of rounds and never(!) had a squib load to date.

Get a nice used Dillon 550B and you'll never regret it.  

I started with a Lee Challenger kit and the only thing I still have from that kit is the powder funnel and the 9mm dies.  I  bought a rock chucker as my single stage press.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys are killing me... I bought a Dillion Square Deal B as my first reloader and at 300 to 350 rounds an hour I was spending all my free time reloading and not shooting. I have since picked up a used 15-year-old Dillion RL 1050. I told a friend I could reload 1200 rounds an hour with this thing and he did not believe me. So a challenge was thrown down and I had to prove my word. So I video taped my self loading 1200 primers into primer tubes which took about 15 minuets, then I loaded all 1200 rounds over the next hour... It is really cool watching that tape in fastward mode. Now days I get all the reloading I need done for a weeks worth of shooting finished in about an hour.

About two months ago I broke a part off the bottom of the main shaft, I called Dillion and told them that I bought this thing used and it was about 15 years old. They said the part was a manufacture problem and they sent me a new shaft and I did not even have to pay for shipping. That is cool...