Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR at the ready

stingerjg

Earlier tonight i installed some hooks so i could keep a long gun around for those times when 'id rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it'. I really hope that the 15 rounds of 40s&w gold dot would do the trick. Now im just waiting for my Hornady TAP rounds to get here.

post-2283-1111079665_thumb.jpg

Im not totally sure why, cause I know a number of people that have house AR's at the ready. Something about your set up though makes me respect you exponentially more. You just reached a whole new level of bad ass.

thanks Kimberkid, you just made my day. As far as the 870 under the trim boards, ill have to keep that one in mind.

Erik the srap arond the EObrick and the buttstock is to make damn sure it doesn't fall off the hooks. It would be my luck that it would fall on me when im walking throught the door. The cylinders on the side of the light mount are part of the mount from TRGear.com

Here is the underbed pic. G35 w/ 60 rounds at the ready.

post-2283-1111080587_thumb.jpg

Why do military people put blue tape on magazines when blue is used to indicate inert practice rounds? :)

I am curious about this also. Why the blue tape?

Sweet rifle stingerjg!!!

I mark my mags w/ tape to indicate the work 100%. The mag shown was one of my mags i used in matches last year. This year i have the mags marked with Red tape. It also makes ppl think twice about not giving your mags back after a COF.

You would probably find it easier and faster to manipulate if you hung it upside down, muzzle to the left (righthanded shooters). As it is now, you'll have to pull it down and spin it one way or another to get it into a firing-grip position. (Don't ask me how I know this, just take my word for it. Or maybe read about it in the "Hell I was there" forum.)

Damn it! :angry: I was gonna make a smartass reply saying that "according to Die Hard 2 the mag on your rifle is loaded with blanks", but someone mentioning the tape and you replying that you now have red taped ones would ruin the joke... Damn it again! :angry:

:P

Very nice AR! :)

I imagine it would be hard on the neighbors. Geez, the Army starts with a relatively clean armored vehicle, and by the time they're done hanging junk on it, it looks like a homeless persons shopping cart with tracks. Where's the plastic bag full of returnable bottles and cans?

You would probably find it easier and faster to manipulate if you hung it upside down, muzzle to the left (righthanded shooters). As it is now, you'll have to pull it down and spin it one way or another to get it into a firing-grip position. (Don't ask me how I know this, just take my word for it. Or maybe read about it in the "Hell I was there" forum.)

I have a friend that’s a Class 3 dealer and also operates a regular gun shop. He has a short-barreled Mod 37 (ex GI) hanging, as you described, over the door to the backroom and he usually stands in that doorway.

I’ve often wondered who could get their gun into play faster, him, or me drawing from concealment!

Ed

I imagine it would be hard on the neighbors. Geez, the Army starts with a relatively clean armored vehicle, and by the time they're done hanging junk on it, it looks like a homeless persons shopping cart with tracks. Where's the plastic bag full of returnable bottles and cans?

You're thinking of the Marines, the Army has enough money to toss their bottles and cans.

Alan