Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone tried the lancer carbon stock?

jeremy kemlo

I am looking to get a new fixed stock for my ar. I currently have an a2 rifle stock. I have tried The ace and it is ok. I really like the look of the lancer carbon fiber stock. No one around hear has one and I have not heard a lot about them. For those of you who have tried the lancer stock....how is the cheek weld. Any pros or cons of this stock?

If it matters the front of the gun will be balanced out with a stretch 16 barrel and a 15" evolution handguard.

I dunno about the Lancer one, but I have the EFX-1 which as far as I can tell is the same profile by made of plastic instead of CF, I really like the shape, it has a bit more cheek weld then an A2 or Magpul fixed stock. My only complaints is that is A1 length and prefer the A2 length, but the lancer one has options there so there is that. The EFX-1 is heavier than the lancer, but I wanted the extra weight for a 18" barrel balance, so for you the Lancer would probably be better?

I am using one with a 18" light-weight jp barrel and it balances out ok for me. I would prefer a little more cheek weld but it clearly has more than the ace or a standard a2 stock. For what it's worth, I really like the carbon fiber look.

Edited by rugerdawg

yes it is very light and can't go wrong with lancer systems they have very good quality...never had any issue with the finish specially the handguard

20150513_044146.jpg

Who makes your receiver? Or is that just a cerakote job?

yes it is very light and can't go wrong with lancer systems they have very good quality...never had any issue with the finish specially the handguard

20150513_044146.jpg

Who makes your receiver? Or is that just a cerakote job?

it's a DSA with Anderson slick upper...cerakoted and prolly coz of the lighting the color looks like gold but its actually copper.

The Lancer carbon fiber stock is very comfortable - using the A1 length version. Not having to fiddle with LOP simplifies matters.

That said, the comb width (at the widest portion) is about 2" versus 2.5" found on the popular LMT/B5 SOPMOD stock if you need a comparison.

My 1.1-4x optic worked great on a carbine sitting on a 1.93" high mount and SOPMOD stock. That same optic mounted to my '3-gun' rifle using a shorter (1.42" high) mount and the same stock however did not work well. Moving my head down to accommodate the lower rings made my cheek slide down and to the left on the SOPMOD.

Using the Lancer with the narrower comb kept my eye behind the optic with no issues.

here are some pics:

20796598668_14543c9014_h.jpg

20984530055_25a99c0586_h.jpg

Edited by flyfishdave