Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 light strikes

bthoefer

I loaned a friend one of my SP-01s. It is set up with all of the Cajun Gun Works parts. The gun has around 10,000 rounds through it without an issue. It has the CGW extended firing pin and an 11.5 lb hammer spring. I have shot thousands of rounds of blazer brass (factory CCI), Magtech, Aguila, and other assorted factory ammo and never a light strike.

He is having light strikes with CCI primers. I haven't checked the gun out to see what is going on. He said that the light strikes are in single action and fire when struck a second time.

He also said that the primer strikes are a little bit lighter than those from another friends shadow.

The only change made to the gun is the mag release has been reversed since he is left handed.

I'm thinking his primers need to be seated a little deeper.

Do any of you guys have and ideas of what to look at in the gun to double check? I'm thinking I'll check the firing pin and firing pin block to make sure they are not rubbing.

Edited by bthoefer

Mine was doing that at the Production Nationals last week no less. Matt Mink's shop was there and they looked it over finding the tip of my firing pin was burred. They replaced the extended firing pin and firing pin spring at lunch hour so I could continue shooting the match. Great service!

Eric

sounds like he need to small the cci in there a little harder. I can get my 8.5 lb spring in my shadow to work with cci if I make sure I smash the primers in. For practice round I use CCI and for matches I use federal

Think you nailed in it on primer seating depth. The only other thing to check is to ensure the main spring did not break and to remove the slide and clean it throughly to include removing the firing pin and clean the channel for it.