Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz Tactical Sport Sight combo

Jody Waring

Hi guys. Not sure if this make sense or not, but with the stock rear and 1.5mm front I just find I'm not as accurate as I am with other pistols. Would an adjustable rear with a narrower notch and thinner front sight help me with precision? Any suggestions?

I love the TS rear sight. The wide notch speeds up sight acquisition. Install a front fiber optic sight,though. I've contemplated swapping out my LPA rear on my Tanfo Limited to a TS fixed. I had no trouble with precision with the combination. You should just make sure the sight is centered before pulling that trigger! :roflol:

It would probably be more precise but with that being said imo it would make me a little bit slower. How precise do you need to be? When I start struggling with getting my hits I practice slow fire groups, but hats just me. I just hit a TS too and I'm waiting on the adjustable rears to come back in stock. My TS with the fixed rear is super accurate but I don't like working my loads around my sights b/c their not adjustable.

Edited by magpulled

Do you guys all use the wider front sight with 1.5mm rod? Thats what Im currently using. Is a narrow front a bad idea with the wide notch in the fixed rear?

Try it. Hold the front sight post on the right edge of the rear while aiming at a specific point, see how far right it impacts from the aiming point. If it's an acceptable amount off, try a narrower sight and repeat.

Eventually you'll find a combination that gives you the biggest light bars you can get and still be in the A-zone no matter where you put the post.

Ben describes this much better than I just did in his book...

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the lpa from czc and I believe it's made by kensight. It was 65 I believe. Haven't installed it yet but hopefully it will fit. 30049 is he item # I believe and 104098 is the fiber front

Edited by magpulled

I ordered the lpa from czc and I believe it's made by kensight. It was 65 I believe. Haven't installed it yet but hopefully it will fit. 30049 is he item # I believe and 104098 is the fiber front

I just received mine the other day. Mine is. Not a Kensight but is marked as Ceska Zbrojovka.

I have tried various front and rear sight options on my CM and TS - Dawson's included. Bucking the above trend, what works best for me -

Adjustable rear LPA TRT sight (fusion firearms import) with a shaved down stock black front sight. The width of the rear and the width of the stock iron are a perfect combo and a reasonable trade off between speed and accuracy. Best decision I have made in a while!

As to which Dawson sight works with stock rear - complete hit or miss. There is nothing exact because CZ has slight differences in rear install and there is no exact height replacement available - excluding the install variances. The 0.205 height gets you in the ball park but don't be surprised if you have to work the sights to get them matched. Dawson does not make many in 1.5 mm, mostly 0.9 or 1.0

Edited by Czman

I use the Dawson .090" wide front sight with a .040" dia. rod. I wanted to keep the fixed rear sight, butthought it too high. I ordered the .175" high Dawson and trimmed the rear down to match. After deepening the notch and beveling the edges, it makes a wonderful slide racker.