Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Gun on G20

CoffeedrinkerinNC

you can shoot 40S&W in your G20, no need to buy another barrel or gun. Course at that point all you have is a large frame G22, or if you just want to get G35 to have it. What you will find is that there is a whole bunch more going on in shooting USPSA than just the gun

I was wondering if a G20 and G40 would be less flippy than a G35 and G22 because of the weight. The only reason I thought it might not is due to most of the added weight being part of the reciprocating mass of the gun. I have a G29 I carry and love the 10mm. If it would be less flippy I definitely prefer the large frame glocks.

I MUCH prefer the way 40 major feels in a G20 than any of the small frame guns also the mags can more easily be made to hold 21rd reloadable oh and with that large of a opening who needs a mag well

Never thought about using the large frame 10mm in order to get 21 rounds in a mag... Interesting thought

I raised this question in another thread last year but never acted on it. If I shot Limited, it was minor either with my G34 or CZ. But, its still in the back of my mind along with all the other options. I have a G20 gen 4 with KKM 40s&w conversion barrel. I'd be interested in hearing if one could make your "dream" modes for a Limited Major G20 pistol, what that might be. Magwell, heavy brass grip plug insert, sights, trigger, heavier guide rod, lite striker and spring? A problem I seem to have is I keep turning my defense pistols into competition pistols!

For the first steps, I plan on updating the sites, tugston guide rod, trigger with lite striker and spring, heavy mag extentions. After doing some research I will shoot 40S&W longs out of the factory barrel. I'm not an M class shooter, so I'm still more the limiting factor in my performace.

• 1 month later...

I raised this question in another thread last year but never acted on it. If I shot Limited, it was minor either with my G34 or CZ. But, its still in the back of my mind along with all the other options. I have a G20 gen 4 with KKM 40s&w conversion barrel. I'd be interested in hearing if one could make your "dream" modes for a Limited Major G20 pistol, what that might be. Magwell, heavy brass grip plug insert, sights, trigger, heavier guide rod, lite striker and spring? A problem I seem to have is I keep turning my defense pistols into competition pistols!

I might head to Lone Wolf and order a practical/tactical length slide -- to build the equivalent of a G35 on the larger frame....