Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness elite match vs. Elite limited

Garmil

I know the limited is the better more expensive gun. If you buy a match in 9mm with a magwell and don't plan on changing calibers or slides what are you giving up to the limited other than the finishes/ergonomics?

The ability to change magwells. Ambi-safety. Full length dust cover (weight), bull barrel, and a little barrel length. A square trigger guard. Polygonal rifling. Holes for thumbrest and/or optics. A better adjustable rear sight. That's what I can think of at the moment.

Ty for the answer. Most of that I don't care about, the nicer rear sight would be nice and the holes for thumbrest.

The weight is only listed 1 ounce different is the balance more front heavy in the limited with the longer dust cover?

Can the trigger be made to be just as good?

Edited by Garmil

I just purchased a Limited and for the reasons he listed I went with it vs. a Limited Pro or Witness, plus Henning and others have some cool toys you can install to make the gun faster (relative term) and more reliable, supposedly??? I have a Stock 3 for Production and like it as well....

Yeah, the Limited is a big more front heavy. I've been shooting a Match for the last 2+ years and am just about to switch to a Limited... the extra weight at the front makes major PF loads feel even softer (the Match is already decently heavy), but I feel like I have to horse it around a bit more on transitions based on some dry fire. Haven't run any stages with the Limited yet, interested to see the outcome.

And my understanding is that the trigger guts are the same. In fact, I've owned 2 Matches, and one came with such a good trigger OTB I never messed with it other than setting the pre- and post-travel screws.

If you do go with the Match, my advice is to use locktite liberally on the rear sight adjustment screws... I had mine disassemble itself under recoil more than once. I eventually tired of that and switched to a Henning fixed rear sight.

Edited by ATLDave

Granted, my parts bin "Limited" has a straight barrel, and my Match has a slide from a Stock III (for better rear sights) and a weld-on magwell, but I'm not sure that I can say one is better than the other. If I were forced to chose between the two, I probably would sell them both and start over with a CZ TS. :P

uspsa_twins.jpg

Thanks for the input everyone. Sounds like for my purposes a match would be fine and id save some money. I'll take another look in classifieds.

I'm doing it backward brazeau I already have had and sold 2 ts's

The limited is a fair bit more gun for not much more $$. Does it actually shoot 'better'? lol doubt it.

The limited comes

With a magwell (and can easily swap to henning, just slides on)

Drilled and tapped frame holes for thumb rest/optic

Larger ambi safety (very nice if you're right handed)

Much improved adjustabls rear sight

Chromed safeties and slide stop and mag button

Bull barrel (adds some weight and looks dead sexy)

Polygonal rifling (not really proven if that does anything)

'competition frame' with square trigger guard (from memory beaver tail may be slightly different too?)

Full length dust cover, again more weight and again looks nicer

(In Europe, Canada, Australia etc you get the lightened slide too, for some reason not in the us)

That's a lot of extra 'features'. Some can be added to a match (magwell is not exactly easy) but some like the nicer frame you can't easily change. The cost of magwell, better sights, the large 'custom' safety etc add up fast and it still won't have the full dust cover, tapped holes, Bill barrel etc.

The limited is more $ but to me it seems better 'value'.

The trigger on both can be improved to the same level. Intervals are the same.

If you plan to shoot comps like uspsa I'd spend the extra for the limited. :) they are realy nice to shoot in 9 and 38 super.

I bought a 9mm match with Magwell, few mags with extensions, and a few other upgrades for a few hundred less than the stock limiteds go for. Hopefully I don't regret not getting a limited but if I do I'll just get one of those in .40!

I think you will be happy with the match. My wifes has been a real trooper. pushing 40k through it and only issue was recoil spring. we changed the sights right off the bat as well also.

I would get the Limited for the longer Dustcover and the ability to mount a *thumb rest [generic]* for use in the Limited Division.

I would get the Match Elite if you wanted to play in the ESP and CDP (if .45) Divisions or if you just wanted a much cheaper gun.