Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 barrel questions

sv45

I have a Schuemann in my SS P16-40 Limited now, pricey repair, but better than the factory barrel as it cracked just ahead of the lugs after 15,000 rounds. I haven't shot it very much but it is very accurate. I bought a used STI Competitor 38 super while it was out for repairs and am now having more fun shooting on the darkside these days.

Kevin c, Is the barrel worth $300? Could you tell a difference in recoil when you had the barrel installed? I am thinking of taking some weight off the slide also up front to help with the noise weight.

Thanks

Kevin c, Is the barrel worth $300? Could you tell a difference in recoil when you had the barrel installed? I am thinking of taking some weight off the slide also up front to help with the noise weight.

Thanks

My brother has a limited limcat pistol with a tungsten sleeve, shoots soft but too heavy for me. He likes it though. A regular scheumann bull barrel is my choice. My SV has one and it is still pretty accurate.

I do like it, but as bulm540 mentioned, it makes the gun mighty nose heavy. That suits me, but may not suit sombody else. I shoot a Para, which only comes with a standard stirrup cut slide and frame. The tungsten sleeve is my way of getting the weight up front. There is a difference in the recoil impulse, but what works for me doesn't necessarily work for you.

FWIW,

Kevin