Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Novock

Long time reader. First time poster. I owe you guys a lot for helping me figure out my 9mm major loads, accuracy issues at that velocity and training techniques.

Here is a bit of a complicated question i am hoping someone has actual experience with....

I run a Glock 17 with Carver comp and at the moment Iron sights in open USPSA division and 3 gun. I run HS6 powder behind 115's to make Major velocity and it blows a dirty mess back and coats the front two inches of the slide. It is about time i put an optic on the pistol. I like the SJC Micro mounts look and size, but it has no gas/blowback plate protecting the optic. Anybody run this combination? Does the blowback residue from the HS6 cloud the optic? Is this an issue? If so i will have to remove the SJC micro mount from my wishlist and figure something else out.

I run a xdm 5.25 carvor custom c-more mount with a blast shield 7 grains long shot and I have to clean the c-more after every match I don't think it helps at all set the dot back as far as u can carry a lens pen with you and have fun

If i am hearing you guys right, the plate to protect the optic doesn't do that much to prevent the blowback residue? It will need to be cleaned regularly anyway right? So a mount without a protective plate would be fine... I might have to try that tape trick.

I run a SJC 90 C-more mount. The lens is probably in about the same place as what you are looking at. I'm also running HS6, and my lens gets pretty dirty. I try to clean a every couple stages, but it doesn't hurt to clean it every stage. Not a big deal.

There are comp ports and barrrel holes design that bleed gas without dirtying the lens. Ive seen one on an old schueman with 4 hybrid holes. It looked like the first hole is at a slight angle forward so the gas from it blocks the gasses from the forward holes from going to the rear and keeps the lens clean. It can last a thousand rounds without any dirt in the lens.