Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mecgar 19rd mag

fischeac

So I bought a couple Mecgar 19rd (17 plus 2) from Midway USA. I noticed the plus 2 base is longer than the stock CZ 18rd mags. Did a little research here and found that these 19rd mags wont fit in the box. I would return them but i cut the clam shell packaging open with my knife so its pretty wasted. Anyone know where I can get some standard Mecgar bases they put on the 17rd mags fro cheap? Also, is the lock plate different between the 17rd and 19rd? I know I can put some aluminum bases from a couple sources on, but trying to avoid the cost.

Edited by fischeac

I had the same issue with the 19 round mags and contacted Mecgar and for no charge they sent the base pads and retiaing plates for the 17 round mags.. Good customer support

I emailed them about getting some plates for my 19s and never got a response back. That was 3 months ago.

I called them and the person was very helpful.. and the upside it was free, they put them in a envelope and away they went, When I called I told them that I wanted to order them but they put some in the mail. I guess I caught someone on a good day.

Edited by lstone