Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cmore zeroing

Chips0410

Just acquired my first open gun and am having a hell of a time trying to zero the cmore seems like I get close and then make a small adjustment and I'm way off again ... Is it normal for them to be so touchey ? What's the best way going about it ? I'm very new to this so any help would be appricated .. Thanks

Just acquired my first open gun and am having a hell of a time trying to zero the cmore seems like I get close and then make a small adjustment and I'm way off again ... Is it normal for them to be so touchey ? What's the best way going about it ? I'm very new to this so any help would be appricated .. Thanks

yes...

I usually do it like this.

Off a barrel or some rest, shoot a paster at like 5-7 yards. fiddle with it till I can get it on the paster, then move back to distance i want to be zero'd at.

When you are "fine tuning" it takes almost imperceptible movement on the adjustment screw to move the dot. I usually slightly over turn and then turn back slightly at this stage and have been pretty successful. I also always lock the screws between adjustments at this stage...

I'm sure others have a better method.

Good advice on previous post. If it is a 90 degree mount, that makes it a bit harder until you think about it a little. Or, at least I had to think about it a lot. LOL!

Edited by JMike

It's on a glock sjc side mount took me about a hour of banging my head against the wall and waisting ammo to realize the the up and down adjustment were actually moving the dot left to right ... What's a good distance to zero at once I do get it close ?

with a sideways mount distance is not quite as crucial on an upright mount. on an upright mount zero'd at say 30 meters it can shoot as much as 4 inches low at 3 meters which is enough to make shots on partial targets go into the hard cover or no shoot.

if you're shooting USPSA then I'd suggest a good distance is 15-20 meters. But get an understanding of where it shoots at longer and shorter distances too.

yes they are touchy and be aware that adjusting the windage can effect the elevation too. the adjustment is so coarse as it's just a screw pushing against the plastic side and deflecting it a little. don't overdo the lock screws either as they can throw off the adjustment.

There is a trick you can do with the windage to stop it wandering. basically move it to one side, add some locktite to the now exposed threads, move it to the otherside, more locktite then adjust.

detailed instructions here:

http://re-gun.com/2011/05/c-more-care-and-feeding-zeroing-and-adjustment/

I also mark where my screw position ends up so I can see if it's drifted.

Im sure i saw it on brazos website but cant find it anymore. Anyway, they said to loctite the lock screws up and then make your adjustments while locked, because if you sight in and then lock them it changes the poi. Sound right? Or did i imagine reading that.

• 2 weeks later...

Never shoot with the lock screws loose. Shoot, loosen lock screw(s), adjust, tighten lock screw(s), shoot.

The lock screws effect the POI. If you shoot with the lock screws loose you will end up chasing your tail.