Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P mag extensions

GOF

The premier issue of Ballistic magazine reviewed the M&P9 Performance Center Ported. The M&P9 they reviewed was sporting several accessories, including Arrendondo Accessories Base Pads. The review stated they increase capacity from 17rd to 22rd. I can't speak to the quality or reliability of the product, but wanted to give you another lead. I too am looking for mag extensions for my M&P9, so thanks CrazyGiant and Clawson2011.

TTI is the best, available in short for +3 with use for the stock spring, +5-140mm and come with an extended spring, and they are tool less spring. These extensions automatically give you an extra point on your hit factor!! :roflol:

TF is a close second and come in short for +3 for use with stock spring, +5-140mm and +10-170mm, the extended ones will require the purchase of a spring ($7). All three extensions require an allen wrench for takedown. I had to trim the retaining plates slightly to work with my SSS magwells. About 2-minutes each with a file, just knock the corners off.

Arrendondo is a distant third, known for self destructing if they are dropped with any rounds in the magazine and they do not fit with a magwell on the pistol.

I've bought the Arrendondo, Freelance and Taran Tactical extensions. The Taran extensions are far and away the best.

This. Drop an Arrendondo once and you will see why you would want something else.

The TF pads needed to be filed internally for the follower to actually go down into the extension. Used them at a local match and they gave me +0 until I realized what the problem was. Dont know if I got a bad batch (I had 3) or it was just how they were designed.

Eventually went to TT pads. Slid them on and have worked perfect since. Sold everything else.

I had to trim the followers and the extension for both the TF and TTI for faultless function. I prefer the TT because of the toolless disassembly and the extra round capacity (23 vs 22)