Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Xtreme parts

Bouboy02

Does anyone have any details on the new Xtreme sear Grauffel is selling? He is now also selling a Xtreme sear housing, Xtreme trigger bar, Xtreme interuptor and Xtreme firing pin safety which is .3mm longer than factory. I was just gonna order a titan hammer and some springs but now I feel compelled to spend more money :blink:

What?! I thought I was done tinkering with my Stock II.... Time for some more parts research... :surprise:

Edit after some browsing of the parts: They all look to be the standard parts only chromed, and possibly polished, unless they are actually raw polished stainless... I would love to hear what the actual differences are between these new Xtreme parts and the standard ones. I wonder if any of the parts, specifically the Xtreme sear or FPB would help us with the titan hammer get the FPB functional again??? I wonder if that Xtreme FPB is the same extended one you can already buy from LRA, that used to be around .512 but is now only .508 which does not appear to be long enough to work with Henning's new FP.

If you are reading this Eric G. your wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by EngineerEli

the new parts are just chromed the geometry is the same like factory parts... Just ordered the Extended FPB and Titan Hammer ( with new Xtreme Interruptor ) ( I allready have the Xtreme firing ), I´ll report how that works...

the new parts are just chromed the geometry is the same like factory parts... Just ordered the Extended FPB and Titan Hammer ( with new Xtreme Interruptor ) ( I allready have the Xtreme firing ), I´ll report how that works...

Yup I emailed Eric and he confirmed this. The Xtreme parts are chrome plated so you don't have to polish all the parts. If you've already polished your trigger, sear housing & sear then there real no need to use these. I haven't done my mine yet as I just got my gun so I'm thinking hard about ordering and saving time. The Xtreme FPB is a extended block per Eric also.

Edited by calvinc78

I'm pretty sure it is more "IPSC" related. Since in IPSC you cannot really polish much (you know how it is) but all the xtreme pistols come with everything polished inside from factory to be IPSC legal. The problem is now if someone would like to get the same setup on a regular Tanfo he could'nt legally do it for IPSC. Now with these being available you can put the parts in and Be legit.

My Sock II Xtreme had all these installed from factory.

Edited by BerdmanMTL

I wouldn't waste my money on that stuff. :)

It's taken me 18 months to realize what you just said. Now there are essentials that one should replace on their Stock II for performance if your shooting competition but some of the stuff is just more money to sink in for minimal if really no advantage. $200 bucks I could load prolly 1500 give or take practice rounds which would serve much better.

Gump is right.

All those high dollar parts give very marginal tweaks in performance for all the money spent.

I keep shelling out for fiber front sights and I don't get any better visibility than the stock sight with a dot of neon fingernail polish.

I got the Xtreme trigger and it is only a hair different than the stock one.

Springs and a polish to get the out of the box trigger pull down, and an xl firing pin to compensate for that and you should be good.

Everything else is marginally better at best.

Gump is right.

All those high dollar parts give very marginal tweaks in performance for all the money spent.

I keep shelling out for fiber front sights and I don't get any better visibility than the stock sight with a dot of neon fingernail polish.

Springs and a polish to get the out of the box trigger pull down, and an xl firing pin to compensate for that and you should be good.

This is what I have been saying in all of my posts. I am glad someone is agreeing with me!

Gump is right.

This is what I have been saying in all of my posts. I am glad someone is agreeing with me!

I'm sure this is sound advice. But, personally, I don't mind paying for marginal improvements in my guns. I have enough ammo that I'm not making choices between bullets or parts.

Shooting USPSA is pretty much my only hobby these days. So I pour everything into it. And tinkering with the guns is part of the hobby. If nothing else, it helps me develop a much better understanding of my guns and how they work. And how to fix them when they go wrong.

But I'd also argue that we do reach a point where marginal improvements are what we chase. They can mean the difference between finishing 1st or 2nd, or 11th or 12th or 21st or 22nd, etc.

Gump is right.

I'm sure this is sound advice. But, personally, I don't mind paying for marginal improvements in my guns. I have enough ammo that I'm not making choices between bullets or parts.

Shooting USPSA is pretty much my only hobby these days. So I pour everything into it. And tinkering with the guns is part of the hobby. If nothing else, it helps me develop a much better understanding of my guns and how they work. And how to fix them when they go wrong.

But I'd also argue that we do reach a point where marginal improvements are what we chase. They can mean the difference between finishing 1st or 2nd, or 11th or 12th or 21st or 22nd, etc.

^This [emoji6]

Poslano z mojega GT-I9295 z uporabo Tapatalk

you guys are funny and I agree mostly but at the end of the day I like sweet guns and setting them up until I'm happy.

to stay on point I think even a "name your brand" XL firing pin isn't necessary as long as Federal primers are available. I find the fit to extended FPS is best with it. If Federal isn't available Xtreme Medium hammer springs will pop CCI with OEM firing pin. I do like how the Titan hammer cleaned up the pretravel creep.