Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Modifying magazine release

Bouboy02

I'm a lefty shooting a Stock 2 in production. The bottom edge of the magazine release chews the heck out of my middle finger. I was wondering if I could round the bottom edge of the magazine release and still be production legal or if that would be considered a external modification and be a no go.

Would you be able to replace it with another mag release off a non competition gun that is still on the approved gun list? I know it would be production legal, I'm just not sure which parts would be physically compatible...

I am by no means certain, but aren't they reversible, why don't you just turn it around?

Edited by EngineerEli

To work or per Production rules?

Appendix D4 Production Division - 26.1 Exchange of minor EXTERNAL components:Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers,pins,extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts. Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below. Examples of external components which may only be replaced with OFM parts include (but are not limited to): magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties and triggers.

Edited by EngineerEli

Production Division is the one equipment division which does NOT support “interpretation of the rules”.

The intent of the USPSA Board is – and always has been – to strictly limit the types of modifications that can be done in USPSA Production Division.

If you have to “connect dots” or “make assumptions” or “infer” or combine different clauses to arrive at a conclusion that something is legal…it isn’t.

ALL modifications are PROHIBITED in USPSA Production Division unless a specific item in Appendix D4 or a published NROI ruling clearly states that specific modification is allowed for use in USPSA Production Division.

When I was dryfiring tonight it got to the point where my hand was bleeding pretty good so I accidentally drug it across a file and it so happened to barely take the sharp edge off. :D It feels 10 times better and shouldn't cut my hand up anymore.

post-48630-143460218911_thumb.jpg

In my oppinion put a little cold blue on it, and no one will ever notice. It's not like it is giving you an unfair advantage. It's in fact improving your guns safety. Not sure what they would say at a major match though...

In my oppinion put a little cold blue on it, and no one will ever notice. It's not like it is giving you an unfair advantage. It's in fact improving your guns safety. Not sure what they would say at a major match though...

Thats what I was thinking, It's not really giving me any competitive advantage and I'm sure a year from now that edge would of been worn down and shiny anyway.