Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New ruger Redhawk competition for 625?

collards

With the number of parts you can't buy from Ruger (and are available only by sending in your gun so they can "fit" the parts and return everything you've modified back to original and keep the modded parts) I can't see shooting a Ruger revolver.

With the number of parts you can't buy from Ruger (and are available only by sending in your gun so they can "fit" the parts and return everything you've modified back to original and keep the modded parts) I can't see shooting a Ruger revolver.

I actually laughed at that since I've had a really hard time with the only parts I tried to get from S&W directly. If you like Ruger there are plenty of sources for factory take off parts. I've got a bag full of "factory only" GP100 parts. It's the same as trying to get a Ti cylinder for a 625/627. For me the big benefit to S&W guns is the aftermarket parts availability. Aside from SA Rugers the aftermarket is lacking.

Edited by Alaskan454

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Redhawk in 45 ACP & 45 Colt. I might consider getting one if there were Hogue or other rubber/plastic grips for it. After contacting both Ruger and Hogue I was informed that there are no current grips for the revolver aside for the wooden ones that come with it.

Ruger understands the competitive shooting sports very well. They know exactly which sports they can make money on and which ones they can't

They decided they can make money in the precision scoped rifle sports, so they design, make, and market a kick ass rifle designed precisely for that market (Ruger Precision Rifle).

They decided they can't make money in the shotguns sports, which is why there is no serious target shotgun (see the Browning 725 if you need to know what one looks like) in the Red Label line

I like the Redhawk in 45 ACP & 45 Colt. I might consider getting one if there were Hogue or other rubber/plastic grips for it. After contacting both Ruger and Hogue I was informed that there are no current grips for the revolver aside for the wooden ones that come with it.

I have a 4.2" model that shipped with Hogue rubber grips. It's since been converted to a round butt wood grip and the only thing you might need to change is the plastic grip locator. Other than that you have no issues putting a Hogue grips on the round butt gun. Send me a PM if you need more info or head over to Rugerforum.net.

I have a 4.2" model that shipped with Hogue rubber grips. It's since been converted to a round butt wood grip and the only thing you might need to change is the plastic grip locator. Other than that you have no issues putting a Hogue grips on the round butt gun. Send me a PM if you need more info or head over to Rugerforum.net.

Why am I not surprised that when I contacted BOTH Hogue and Ruger they advised me that there were no non-wood grips for the new Redhawk in 45ACP/45Colt. If yours was shipped with Hogue rubber grips, then apparently there ARE rubber grips for the revolver. *shakes his head*

Why am I not surprised that when I contacted BOTH Hogue and Ruger they advised me that there were no non-wood grips for the new Redhawk in 45ACP/45Colt. If yours was shipped with Hogue rubber grips, then apparently there ARE rubber grips for the revolver. *shakes his head*

I'm betting they thought you wanted round butt rubber grips which do not exist. If you want the regular style grips like the ones that shipped on my gun, they look like this: http://www.ruger.com/products/redhawk/specSheets/5027.html

Granted, I don't have the new model that comes as a round butt so it might have a different style grip locator, but knowing Ruger they tend to keep the parts are similar as possible across platforms. For mine I just ordered part #s 780000255 and 780000257 from Brownell's and the wood grips worked like a charm. As they say proof is in the pictures, so I attached one of mine fresh off the round butt conversion. Only thing to consider is that the grips made for a square butt grip will have a gap where yours round off. I can slip my factory Hogue's on and take a picture if you can't visualize what I mean.

post-60454-0-67391600-1442669680_thumb.j

I am hoping with the round butt they make some rubber grips without an exposed backstrap, put some grip in between the metal frame and your hand.

Dont quote me, But i'm pretty sure i've seen something like that on a S&W before.

It was a Hogue Rubber X - Frame grip , had the back strap covered , and had a wooden big butt, Im pretty sure it was a custom jobber. But the nice thing about Hogue is they will pretty much make you anything you want.

Edited by alecmc