Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Would you shoot Single Stack Division in USPSA?

MikeFoley

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am, and I am so inspired I think I'll shoot my single stack .45. Of course, my limited blaster is doubling on me again and needs more work but that didn't influence me at all. :lol:

Have we settled on 8 or 10 rounds for this division yet?

Actually, I am about 80 percent convinced to make the trip tomorrow. Will you give me some tips on how to shoot?

Well the proposal is for 8+1 rounds if scored major and up to 10 rounds if scored minor. The magazine must be of standard length and it and any basepad must fit in the IPSC box when inserted in the gun.

In short, if you are scored minor you can have 9+1 40 cal or 10+1 38Super/9mm.

How to shoot? You know the way better than anyone. I have rusted over since not shooting at BG last weekend due to a death in my wife's family. I am eager to get back out there tomorrow. I have missed 2-3 weekends this year already, and that is more that I missed all year last year.

how bout everybody shoot mil spec 45s with seven round mags in the fanciest race gear money can buy!

i really would shoot it if the capacity was 10 rounds, dont really give a damn about holster rules and mag positions, hell make them the same as production...or allow race holsters, just put them behind the hip..

8 round 45 mags are relics of by-gone days in USPSA...and if its gotta be a 45, why a 165 pf for major?? nearly every 40 caliber factory round makes major in most every five inch pistol..

IF you want to shoot singlestack, spend 100 dollars on some ten round mags..if you believe your kydex holster is slowing you down compared to some guys safariland, PRACTICE MORE.. if you want to shoot 45 auto with 8 round mags and 7 mags behind you hip bone...go for it...its legal to do it RIGHT NOW in open, limited and Limited 10 divisions...

.40 is major in USPSA in other divisions - I would expect it to remain major.

Single Stack Classic rules used by the Single Stack Society. - .40 cal is major if they load 8 - minor if they load 10.

Personally, I'd prefer 8 for everyone and 175 PF to make major.

Sorry Classic that 175 pf aint going to happen!!!! :lol:

And there is a division for the great 1911 it is called limited 10. BTW I have CMC , Wilson and Tripp mags all 10 ounders and they all work equally well in my gun. Maybe you should get your gun checked. Saying 10 round mags are unreliable just is not true. :P

No Need For SSD if the IDPA shooters want to do USPSA they already have lots of good choices. Production or L10 . Many are coming anyway no need to change array rules to accomodate 8 round mags. 10 is fine it works dont fixit. Oh some of us have been shooting this for awhile and we invested in racerigs and mag pouches and we want to keep using them. I shooter better than I will beat me and my rig every time using kyadex.

Creating a new division is not a shelter , to be good practice. You can beat the wide bodies and it feels good when you do!!!! ;)