Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Non-dominant index finger- where does the tip end up with your grip?

chess

Until recently my non-dominant index finger tip has been ending up in the space between the base of my dominant hand index and second fingers but not actually touching the frame.

When I clamp down on my grip,it is pressing the flesh of my second finger into the frame (but not actually touching).

However I am beginning to get chronic pain in the distal non-dominant index finger joint from the upward pressure of the dominant second finger.

Where does the tip of the non-dominant index finger end up for you all?

jokes :cheers:

In looking at some of the grips of the top shooters, it seems most have the tip of the the non-dominant index finger sitting on the second finger. But with strong grip i get sliding to the side when I do that.

• 2 weeks later...

try putting it on the trigger guard. opinion is divided about whether or not it's a good thing. my personal experience is it doesn't work for me on my of my pistols but on my tanfog open gun it seemed natural to have that finger around the trigger guard.

Yeah, front of trigger guard. I like that finger on the gun, not holding hands. Plus I think people should shoot how the hell they want.

Edited by Zzapp