Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't have a long range gun or enough gear, most likely someone will lend you one up there.

You could also contact 3gungear.com (Mark) and get some more gear that is tough, lasts, works great and is very reasonable.

I wouldn't stress the LRR on stage 3. Just making it through the match is hard enough. :-)

If you have any questions about it, pop them up here or drop me a line.

Take care,

Matt

Alma,

I will let you shoot my AR-10T on the long range target and you can use any of the mag, Shotshell and AR mag holders that I have at the match. You could even ride up with us.

Scott Peterson

Thanks Scott,

That's really nice of you. I will see what happens this summer. I just got accepted to graduate school at ISU in Pocatello so I don't know what my shooting schedule will be like this summer. I still hope to see you Saturday.

I won't make it this year, but next is looking veery interesting. I totally like the idea of trooper class, wimps and whiners need not apply. Sounds like the ultimate shut up and shoot class.

• 3 weeks later...

WOW! The Trooper class sounds fun and challenging. I think the Army guys are up for it but most of us will be on the 2-way pop-up, shoot-back range...Damn. Can we carry extra gear and ammo?

Kelly...I will volunteer to go first. Food is a crutch!

Matt...I know you are sensitive and all, but I think your picture should be on the poster. hahahaha

Jerry...I'm in, as usual. Isn't it cool, be'in you, look'in at me. Clear right!

Kurt...an awesome idea for RM. It may be a bit slick gett'in to the SG stage, eh.

For those of you that want more trigger time and all the ammo you can shoot, visit your local Recruiter. We are getting tired!

God Bless America!

Greg

Oh gosh! I'd looooooove to go see IronMan. I watched in Matt's video and it rocks!

Er, For those of you thinking about doing Trooper Class, I humbly offer my service of being your "dummy carry pack" for exchange of ride from No-Cal! I am juuuust right wight for you!!! :D :D

Seriously, IronMan is on same date as or ShootingMan, where we Kalifornia friends go to Nevada desert with all the firepowers and blow the S*&t up. Tough choice!

==================

approx. 90 lbs load

Has anybody here actually trucked around with that much guns and ammo before?  It will be 90+ degrees in 25% humidity.  If I'm reading the rules correctly, you can't put any of it down.  Hauling a 50lb load around anywhere on your back is actually pretty challenging unless you do it frequently.  They ought to rename it the Sherpa class.

My hat is off to anyone that does it.  You're a better Trooper than I.

Damn. Can we carry extra gear and ammo?

As much as you want!! That is the point if there is one! :-) To the guys that want to do it, just make sure that no more than 5K is available for winning TC or it might be worth carrying the crap around!

Greg, sensitive? Me?? Yeah I guess so.

:blink:

Don't think I have been accused of that before! :rolleyes:

I could be the poster boy though! LOL

Rika, in TC your not allowed to have karts, assistants, etc.... to help you carry anything. You can't borrow anything either.

Take care,

Matt

Yeah, Matt's poster. That would be so cool. ;)

I wasn't clear of my joke. Lame.... I meant that for your practice of carying 90lb+, you could carry me and run because I'm pefrect weight. :D Ok, I will down-grade my wish to ride to-from my hotel and range. I will so fly in and be there!

I could be the poster boy though! LOL

Rika, in TC your not allowed to have karts, assistants, etc.... to help you carry anything. You can't borrow anything either.

We bought all the cans Trooper Class shooters can use to cache their ammo at the stat house in, one can per shooter.

cans-1.jpg

cans-2.jpg

cans-3.jpg

Internal dimensions are 9-1/2" Deep x 5-1/2" wide x 10-7/8" Long

1,000 rounds of 9mm only fills it 1/3 of the way...I plan on having 1,000 9mm and 1,000 .223 in mine:

cans-4.jpg

Does anyone remember the round count from last year? in rifle, pistol, birdshot and slug?

For those who are going this year - How much ammo do you plan on bringing this year?

Only 3 weeks left. Woo Hoo!!!

Scott

I got the actual round count today

Precision Rifle: 10 (optional)

Rifle: 341 (add 10 if you do not use precision rifle)

Slugs: 102

Shot: 233

Pistol: 381

I plan on bringing at least 100% more than that. Pistol seems to always be what you need more of than anything else extra.

Well we have 6 trooper class shooters for Ironman registered, doing better than Heavy Metal/He-Man though only one shooter registered.

Anyone who shoots Ironman in Trooper Class and completes the match shooting it in Trooper Class will receive a free entry to the Cavalry Arms 3 Gun Match in Waco September 30th-October 2nd 2005.

If you want to change classes, call MGM so they can have you resquadded. All trooper class shooters will shoot on the same squad.