Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 Shadow Target in Production Class

^^^^^ LOL Actually, I'm tired of haveing to " only load 10 " in IDPA ! I have a gun with a mag that will hold 17-19 rounds...I'm gunna run in that class.I'm a marksman but shoot with the sharpshooters....freaked up a classifier..LOL I could be a expert if I had the time to shoot more than a couple times a month.I'm venturing over to USPSA & PASS and away from IDPA.I'm a Glock man but drank the CZ Koolaid so I'm trying to see what class I need/like to be in. :)

8.5# main spring, reduced power trigger return spring, federal primers only. then you'll be thinking, "what da pull?". And if you're gonna shoot Limited minor then get a 140mm mag and run even more than the 18 rounds in a stock SP01 mag, right? Shoot all A's and the minor won't matter.

I guess I'll just dry fire my arse off to get used to the first DA shot.I HATE long trigger pulls......although the CZ's smooooth ! LOL Thanks for the encouragement. ;)

It probably won't take as much dry fire as you think it will. I just switched from a striker fired to a Shadow less than two months ago and and my first shot is now faster than it was with the XDM that I'd been shooting for two years.

8.5# main spring, reduced power trigger return spring, federal primers only. then you'll be thinking, "what da pull?". And if you're gonna shoot Limited minor then get a 140mm mag and run even more than the 18 rounds in a stock SP01 mag, right? Shoot all A's and the minor won't

Good advice....but I wont be changing springs as I dont reload.I shoot factory ammo....S&B and Freedoms. I hear what your saying on the extra rounds and all " A's ". I'll give it some time behind the trigger and see how things are working out.

I guess I'll just dry fire my arse off to get used to the first DA shot.I HATE long trigger pulls......although the CZ's smooooth ! LOL Thanks for the encouragement. ;)

It probably won't take as much dry fire as you think it will. I just switched from a striker fired to a Shadow less than two months ago and and my first shot is now faster than it was with the XDM that I'd been shooting for two years.

I spent about 30 minutes last nite dry fireing and drawing.....I'll agree with you...I don't think it will take me long to adjust.The Shadow Target just feels soooooooo goooooood ! LOL :)

^^^^^ LOL Actually, I'm tired of haveing to " only load 10 " in IDPA ! I have a gun with a mag that will hold 17-19 rounds...I'm gunna run in that class.I'm a marksman but shoot with the sharpshooters....freaked up a classifier..LOL I could be a expert if I had the time to shoot more than a couple times a month.I'm venturing over to USPSA & PASS and away from IDPA.I'm a Glock man but drank the CZ Koolaid so I'm trying to see what class I need/like to be in. :)

You'll enjoy USPSA and try out all the divisions to see what you like the most. Limited is great to start off with but like it was mentioned, the CZs rule the Production division while the 2011 styles rule the Limited/L10/Open divisions. Doesn't mean you can't run your CZ in there, just not as common. I'm sure you'll do fine - just get your practice in.