Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA 1911

valerko

Just had mine out today for the second time. Ran another 50 rds of .22TCM and then switched over to 9mm for the first time. Didn't switch the extractor and everything ran fine with extraction. Only issue was a couple FTF from my 147gr FPs hitting the feed ramp and a couple times the mag falling out after not being seated properly. Definately goingg to need some slam pads. Or will have to track down some P18 140mm mags and put a magwell on the gun.

I have everything I need to reload the .22TCM. Just have to work up the courage.

• 2 weeks later...

I shot mine in a steel match saturday and use it for idpa. Running a tac II FS 9mm. Absolutely freaking love it. Knock on wood not a problem yet and I'm running it straight out the box

I bought one a few years ago to play with. While tightening the slide rails I discovered the slide was machined crooked. I fit a new slide, and then found a void in the casting while undercutting the trigger guard. I won't buy another.

Is there any competitive shooters running RIA pistols? Or should i say do they have pros running their guns?

Thanks

I'm no pro, but I have a Tactical II 9mm that I've used in USPSA. I believe Mike Seeklander shoots for Armscor, not sure what guns he uses though.

• 2 weeks later...