Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The other night watching Michael Bane's show on the Steel Challenge, I noticed Robbie signing his scoresheet with his left hand... :o

... and I thought I was the only one that was wired wrong at the factory :D

I'm left handed for writing and handling the silverware but every sport I've participated in my life (tennis, volleyball, basketball, some softball and of course shooting) I execute right handed. I think that gives me a little edge when shooting weak-hand-only... It's not as difficult to me as my friends describe it.

I thought I was alone in that respect in the practical shooting world, but go figure, I have that in common with TGO... :) Now, If I could only shoot a bit more like him... ;)

Guest Larry Cazes

My wife draws the gun with her left hand and favors that side but is actually ambidextrous. She gets lots of stares from the squad when she switches hands when shooting around both sides of a barricade. :D

Oh, yes I'm right eye dominant and I think TGO is too. What about you Nik?

Due to sports photography almost eye ambidextrous --- with a slight favor to the right as the dominant eye. I'm perfectly capable though of shooting lefthanded and left eyed, without any appreciable loss of speed. Usually though, if I've already shot poart of a string freestyle, I'll just switch hands to comply with the weakhand requirements. Being able to use the left eye efficiently though, has saved on a couple of stages.....

Gee Nik.. I thought you had some potential the first time I saw you shoot now I know what it is... you're trying to be like me... hudda thunk it :P

Nemo, sorry to rain on your parade but there are a bunch of us that are lefty but shoot right handed.

Gee Nik.. I thought you had some potential the first time I saw you shoot now I know what it is... you're trying to be like me... hudda thunk it :P

Nemo, sorry to rain on your parade but there are a bunch of us that are lefty but shoot right handed.

Chriss,

Whachoo talkin' about? I'm too smart to take a deskjob......

Actually Chriss, it's cool to know there are many more of us FREAKS out there!! :D

FREAKS? That's kind of funny to hear from Mr. 10858 posts... Now, that's freaky :unsure:

:lol::lol:

yup, I"m another one; shoot righty, right eye dominant, lefty or ambi in everything else.

+1 for me. :)

I've also found., like the others, that using the weak hand to shoot doesn't take too much effort. And I can switch eye dominance easily, too.

Heres another left handed, right eye dominant and shoots right handed. I get started as a kid shooting 22 rifles several years before I got glasses. The only way I could see the target was to shoot right handed and right eyed. Been doing it that way ever since. Weak handed pistol shooting is no problem for me.

Louis

I got started as a kid, just 'cuz they don't make lefty holsters for cap guns. You have to buy the double rig, and that's cool but you still learn some righty stuff. After fighting it for years I just gave up (around age 8) and decided guns was a righty territory, so I would learn to act righty.

Lucky thing too, with right eye dominance.