Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

could the shooter have asked for a reshoot

At the last match I was watching the squad ahead of us shoot. It was a stage that one shot from front to back. One of the shooters was shooting and there was 2 people standing about 2 feet from the stage boundery right where the shooter was heading. I noticed what seemed to be a hesitation like the guy noticed they were there and might have affected his shooting

So could he have ask for a reshoot if he thought the closeness of the people afeected him?

I would say no, but I would also say it is incumbent on the RO to makes sure people aren't standing in a such close proximity and for the other shooters to respect the person on the stage and not crowd them.If they were not downrange or interfered with the shooter, then no reshoot.

The shooter can ask for anything he wants..... :P:P

As to granting it -- I would have needed to see it. I can conceive of situations where I might grant it, and I can just as easily conceive of situations where I'd reject the request...

I have seen this situation. In essence, there was some distance between the shooter and the target that was off to the side. There were two people who were slightly behind the 90 degrees but basically in full view of the shooter which looked like the people were only about 10 feet aways from the target.

To me it was a clear case of inteference since the shooter had a significant pause becasue the people were in full view of his sight picture. Just a little movement of his gun/sight picture and the rounds would have been hitting the berm next to the people.

I had a chat with the RO and people to ensure it would not happen again during the running of the stage.