Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to decide which CZ model

vixty

When buying a used cz shadow how do i know what model it is or was so i can use the correct approved production weight. There doesnt seem to be very many differences between the shadow models except some have the adjustable sights. However it seems like a lot of peple take off the adjustable sight and put on a fixed. So my quesion is; is there a way to figure out the model by the S/N. When i go to a major match how do they determine which model CZ shadow i have because they all seem to say cz shadow on the slide? If i buy a used accu shadow how do i know it was an accu shadow from the custom shop and not a later upgrade which would be an illegal mod?

Thanks

There is no way for you to determine if an accu-shadow had the bushing put on from CZC or done later by looking at the pistol itself. You can only rely on the person who you are buying the pistol from. As for removing the adjustable sights and putting fixed one. If the Shadow is using the HAJO sight then you can replace them with the Shadow fixed sight or CZC comp sight. If the Shadow is using the LPA sight like on the Target then I do not believe you can go back to a fixed sight since the LPA sight requires a different cut for installation.

In the end you can only determine which type of Shadow you are looking at is by what it has installed on it and asking the current owner.

If it has the LPA sight can you use the fixed sight for the TS?

The dovetail slot is similar. You might have to slightly file the sight to work. Do you need a fixed TS sight?

As far as the sights go, the shadow slide will either have the standard Shadow dovetail for the fixed or HAJO sights, or an LPA cut for the Adjustable TS/LPA adjustable sight.

With the LPA cut, you cannot use the fixed Shadow or HAJO sights.

In some rare instances, some have had a Novak style dovetail installed which will only take Novak dovetailed sights.

The LPA cut (Target Model) on an SP01 Shadow will definately keep you from playing in IDPA since they do not allow for milling for sights in SSP which will then keep you from playing in ESP. However, if you have a regular Shadow Slide with the SA type frame, its good to go in ESP.

Edited by himurax13

If it has the LPA sight can you use the fixed sight for the TS?

The dovetail slot is similar. You might have to slightly file the sight to work. Do you need a fixed TS sight?

As far as the sights go, the shadow slide will either have the standard Shadow dovetail for the fixed or HAJO sights, or an LPA cut for the Adjustable TS/LPA adjustable sight.

With the LPA cut, you cannot use the fixed Shadow or HAJO sights.

In some rare instances, some have had a Novak style dovetail installed which will only take Novak dovetailed sights.

The LPA cut (Target Model) on an SP01 Shadow will definately keep you from playing in IDPA since they do not allow for milling for sights in SSP which will then keep you from playing in ESP. However, if you have a regular Shadow Slide with the SA type frame, its good to go in ESP.

If it has the LPA/Champion cut you could modify for the TS fixed rear or the Harrison Design fixed rear.

If it has the Novak cut, that cut is call the Ultra Lo Mount. Heinie, 10-8, Warren, Kensight, etc all make sights for that dovetail cut.

worse case. buy a new slide.