Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 Load Data Question

Malarkey

I am going to my first match with a Chrono this weekend, and haven't had any opportunity to chrono my reloads. I am looking for someone with a similar load and experience to see if they think this load is going to make the 125 pf. I was looking on Hodgdons site and it looks like 3.6gr through a 4inch barrel gets 1,002 FPS at a OAL of 1.125.......I think it is going to be cutting it close. Let me know what you think

Load Data:

125gr Black Bullet International

3.5 grains of TiteGroup

Federal Primer

1.10 OAL

SP-01 4.6in Barrel

You really need to up your load some. That looks like it's on the very low end of the PF spectrum. It looks like from their load data that you should be up around 3.8 - 4.0 of TG. If you don't make the 125, you shoot for no score.

you want to load to 132 PF as a general rule of thumb if your SD isnt in the single digits

If you can tell the difference between 126 and 132, you are a better man than most...

Edited by cnote

Looks too low to me. My sp-01 with 4.1gr of Titegroup and 124gr Montana Gold JHPs made 130pf, though I would assume those BBI bullets would be a bit faster than my Montana Golds.

I used a 135gr extreme bullet, 3.5gr of Titegroup, and a OAL of 1.09 and made a power factor of 129. The bullets weigh just a little low of 135, like 134.8 so it was calculated at 134.