Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr. Bullet Feeder powder die issues

I know there has been some stuff written about this. But the case sticking in the MBF powder die is driving me crazy. Anyone use the Dillon powder die instead of the one that comes with MBF? I know the MBF die does a great job of expanding the case just enough for the bullet to drop in perfectly, but the case sticking just sucks. Any thoughts or remedies? Would like to get back to the 650 running smoothly and don't want to use the Dillon die if I don't have to.

Set the powder funnel penetration at minimum - you don't need much there, so you just let it go a hair inside the case. Then the problem virtually disappears. Every now and then you will find a stubborn case, but not much to worry about.

I know some people switch back to Dillon, but I don't think it gives the same degree of bullet retention, so some bullets will fall out when you index to the seater position.

Gave up on mine and put my dillon back in. Works just fine and have yet to have a bullet fall over. I have my bell at the minimum and the bullets still have to be "popped" free to see the powder like with the MBF funnel.

I have 3 of them that started out sticking.

Set them so they just barely hit the case on the angle, Chucked them in a drill and polished the whole surface w/ some plastic polish that I had laying around.

Smooth as glass w/ no sticking now.