Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trigger stop

Bill H

When you set up the pin in the back of the trigger is there any problem having it stop motion as soon as the trigger breaks? Do you run them tight or is it better for some reason to have just a bit extra clearance? Double action of course and no hammer rub.

I make it so it stops with 2 thicknesses of paper behind the stop. If it's too close, sometimes it won't go until you are releasing pressure on the trigger. That makes it difficult to deal with and unsafe. With just that little bit of clearance it is the same every time.

On a semi-auto its good to have a tiny bit of over travel for when things start to get dirty.

I had a 1911 set up to stop at the breakiing poont and after only 100 or so rounds there was just enough gunk to stop it from breaking the shot everytime.

I like them. I don't want the gun to jerk just as the hammer is falling. I feel it lets the hammer go with the least disturbance. I have no way to prove it, except that my scores are slightly better with a stop. Each shooter must find their own set of what works and what doesn't work for them.

I had a PPC revolver come thru my shop with a rubber bumper as a trigger stop. It had an interesting feel. It was pretty soft rubber and would have prevented any disturbance of the sight picture when the shot broke. It was a gun I rebarreled, and I've never shot smaller groups of of a revolver.

I had a PPC revolver come thru my shop with a rubber bumper as a trigger stop. It had an interesting feel. It was pretty soft rubber and would have prevented any disturbance of the sight picture when the shot broke. It was a gun I rebarreled, and I've never shot smaller groups of of a revolver.

Back in the day, you would cut off an end of an unused pencil eraser and use it. Has anybody seen a pencil in the last 10 years?

Back in the day, you would cut off an end of an unused pencil eraser and use it. Has anybody seen a pencil in the last 10 years?
Yeah, I use pencils almost every day. The oils in the shop don't make it run like ink. But then again I work with late 19th or early 20th century stuff every day.