Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No go with Voodoo LMOS bcg?

dogtired

Now you know how to recognize a bad bcg. Just toss and send it back next time. If something doesn't work, it doesn't work. Inherent in the mass produced era of production of machined parts for machines. Check out cars for instance.

A buddy of mine has a VooDoo carrier that will not run at all in multiple guns, all of which run fine with other carriers.

I also have a voodoo carrier that does not cycle reliably. That rifle wll cycle 3 other carriers, not the voodoo.

Are the other carriers LMOS or std. weight?

Both Reptoid. RCA low mass and BCM standard weight. I opened the gas all the way, more than enough to cycle the BCM carrier. Reduced it and ran the RCA carrier just fine. Voodoo doesnt want to cooperate. Im currently back overseas, so more trouble shooting isnt possible right now. I'd hope Voodoo would answer my emails and fix the issue. I'll be patient, I cant use it right now anyway, it just doesnt say great things about their customer service.

I'd hope Voodoo would answer my emails and fix the issue. I'll be patient, I cant use it right now anyway, it just doesnt say great things about their customer service.

Everybody should remember this when they think about buying from Voodoodoo.

I finally got to the range and tested it. I did not love it in my lightweight, my midweight is overgassed currently, so I dropped it in the 300 blk suppressed and it ran like a champ. I will stick with that.

I have been wondering how good this BCG was. I am looking for a light weight BCG currently. I have used a Voodoo barrel and it seems to be holding up well but I keep seeing mixed reviews on the Light weight BCG. I am leaning towards just posing up the cash for the JP at twice the cost or more than the Voodoo.

I have been wondering how good this BCG was. I am looking for a light weight BCG currently. I have used a Voodoo barrel and it seems to be holding up well but I keep seeing mixed reviews on the Light weight BCG. I am leaning towards just posing up the cash for the JP at twice the cost or more than the Voodoo.

That is the plan I would use. Voodoo is iffy on the quality compared to JP.

I have a Voodoo 16" ULW middy that I had to send back because the locating pin stuck up so far a barrel nut wouldn't go over it and they replaced it. Both of the barrels had crudely drilled gas ports, looked like they were taping it for threads. The barrel does shoot well.

My Faxon 16" pencil middy on the other hand was fit and finish perfect, crown is more precise and was $100 cheaper. Shoots just as good if not better than the Voodoo.

I have 2 JP BCG's, LW and full mass. They look like they were made for the Space Shuttle. The finish and smoothness of operation is an 11. The Voodoo BCG may work out ok but I guarantee the JP is worth every penny!

I run Rubber City carriers in 2 rifles now and Ive been very happy with them. May want to give them a look.

On another note

Voodoo got back to me and is sending a shipping label to return my carrier. They have promised a new carrier. Pretty coutrteous and efficient once contact was made. I'll post back on the results when the carrier arrives.

My Adams (piston version) LW BCG has been great for me. Recoil impulse was noticeably lighter in both an Adams mid-length and an Adams rifle length piston setup. I like it so much that I ordered a Voodoo upper (DI) with their LW BCG to use. If that one turns out well, I'll probably get a second DI version for another project. As an aside, I do prefer the Adams/Voodoo coating compared to phosphate, chrome and even NiB coated alternatives. They seem to clean up much easier. Might not matter as much to you, but less time cleaning for me is more time for other things.

I usually hear back from Adams within a day or two of sending them a question via email. They always take the time to answer my questions so I've been happy over about a year or so in dealing with them.

I'd hope Voodoo would answer my emails and fix the issue. I'll be patient, I cant use it right now anyway, it just doesnt say great things about their customer service.

So Pat...Did you have a bad experience with VooDoo yourself?

I usually don't rely on e-mail if I have an issue with a product. I find that a phone call works much better to explain the problem and get a correct diagnosis immediately.

The one time I spoke with the folks at VooDoo Inovations they were courteous and helpfull.

I have two of thier later model lightweight BCGs (complete) with the integral gas key and they have functioned flawlessly. One in an 18" rifle length gas, and the other in a 16" mid length gas, one has a JP SCS buffer/spring, the other a TTI spring and JP LMOS rifle buffer. :cheers:

I usually don't rely on e-mail if I have an issue with a product. I find that a phone call works much better to explain the problem and get a correct diagnosis immediately.

The one time I spoke with the folks at VooDoo Inovations they were courteous and helpfull.

I have two of thier later model lightweight BCGs (complete) with the integral gas key and they have functioned flawlessly. One in an 18" rifle length gas, and the other in a 16" mid length gas, one has a JP SCS buffer/spring, the other a TTI spring and JP LMOS rifle buffer. :cheers:

Nope, I don't have a Voodoo LMBCG. I just have a problem with any company, shooting related or not, that will not reply to an email query regarding a problem with their product. Email has been around long enough that any company that sells their product online should be paying attention to their email account that is also online. This isn't the dark ages.

Just my 2 cents.

This just in, new BCG on the way. They said the bolt bore was a little large. I will post a function test.

I purchased gage pins .500 up to .505" to check bolt carrier bores after some problems with a older Young Mfg was causing issues and that was it....

A folded over gas ring is not fun to deal with...imagine trying to pry out a BCG that will not open fully :surprise:

Nick

So far so good with my AR. I bought it used. Contains a Voodoo LW BCG and ULW 16.5" rifle barrel (JP comp, JP adjustable gas block, JP captured buffer). Have about 500 rounds through it now.

Nope, I don't have a Voodoo LMBCG. I just have a problem with any company, shooting related or not, that will not reply to an email query regarding a problem with their product. Email has been around long enough that any company that sells their product online should be paying attention to their email account that is also online. This isn't the dark ages.

Just my 2 cents.

I feel like I need to point out the good stuff here too. Emailing thru Voodoo's website messenger system didn't accomplish anything. However once I emailed the sales guy (sales@voodoo etc...) he got right back to me and has been the picture of professionalism. They paid shipping both ways, and the new carrier is en route to my house. He assures me this one was tested prior to shipping and should be flawless.

In retrospect, it seems my bitching was based on their poor method of contact with the problem solvers. Once the contact was made, they handled it very quickly. I know there will be issues with parts, but the CS backup portion is important to me. So providing this carrier runs as intended, I have no problem buying from them again.

My perspective looking back on it.

Just my 2 cents.

I feel like I need to point out the good stuff here too. Emailing thru Voodoo's website messenger system didn't accomplish anything. However once I emailed the sales guy (sales@voodoo etc...) he got right back to me and has been the picture of professionalism. They paid shipping both ways, and the new carrier is en route to my house. He assures me this one was tested prior to shipping and should be flawless.

In retrospect, it seems my bitching was based on their poor method of contact with the problem solvers. Once the contact was made, they handled it very quickly. I know there will be issues with parts, but the CS backup portion is important to me. So providing this carrier runs as intended, I have no problem buying from them again.

My perspective looking back on it.

It's nice that you posted a follow-up.

Sometimes people don't, which leaves everyone wondering what happened

Sounds like they hooked you up and I'm guessing it will function fine :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Anyone else measured headspace on fired brass from their VD LMOS BCG vs other BCGs? I'm finding the VD bolt is fireforming brass at about 0.008" longer than others. It's enough that a nogo gauge goes into battery.

I should say that I've had great performance and reliability with my VD equipment. I'm just noticing this now, and it has repercussions for my handloads.

Edited by adamge