Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tac Sport frame and dustcover redux

repins1911

So I did a grip reduction just like a lot of you have on my TS. File, dremel with sanding drum, and sandpaper took care of the factory waffle. Undercut the trigger guard and just a bit under the beavertail. Then I wanted to reduce the length of the dustcover. Thought about just cutting back to the serial number and then recalled reading from Atlas or one of the CZ gurus about cutting it at an angle to match the cocking serrations on the slide. So that is what I set to do and accomplished my intent (somewhat).

I apologize for not taking a photo with the slide mounted, I will get one up soon. But here is what I ended up with.

post-38775-0-10360900-1430333185_thumb.j

post-38775-0-46725800-1430333216_thumb.j

I used a sliding compound miter saw with a steel cutting blade and a ton of cutting oil to do the cut and maintain the angle. Used 15 degrees for the angle. Everything was going great until I was almost done and one of my clamps came loose. If you look closely at the bottom of the dust cover you can see the angle doesn't quite match.

I significantly beveled the sides of the dustcover so that it doesn't destroy my holster. Once I have it refinished it should look pretty decent.

If I was to do it again, I would use a large band saw at a machine or welding shop. It would make things much easier.

Tagged.

With the slide getting lighter, and installing a lighter recoil spring as I suppose, did this affect the recoil of the gun in any way?

I mean, lightening the grip AND the slide may have no effect in recoil in summary, or am I wrong?

Sure, the pistol gets lighter and you get faster in draws, transitions, etc....

I used a hacksaw and a file on mine..

All the cool kids did it this way. Otherwise it's cheating. I'd love to see a pic.

Tagged.

With the slide getting lighter, and installing a lighter recoil spring as I suppose, did this affect the recoil of the gun in any way?

I mean, lightening the grip AND the slide may have no effect in recoil in summary, or am I wrong?

Sure, the pistol gets lighter and you get faster in draws, transitions, etc....

I didn't lighten the slide, but I see no difference after cutting the dustcover. The SN is just too close to the end to really remove much weight.

I didn't lighten the slide, but I see no difference after cutting the dustcover. The SN is just too close to the end to really remove much weight.

Did it effect accuray?

I´m asking, because the slide loses some guide...

:blush:

Did it effect accuray?

I´m asking, because the slide loses some guide...

:blush:

I haven't noticed any difference.