Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

More problems, What are the odds...

jtrump

Been shooting the 1911 platform for a lot of years and never had the problem..

However it is confirmed I was riding the shit out of the slide stop with my left thumb.... No idea where I picked up this bad habit. Nothing wrong with the gun at all, with any magazine... WOW...

Maybe I guess since I had the mindset to dive in competitively I was trying to get a better more aggressive feeling grip on the gun or something, and was completely unaware of what I was doing. Thanks for all the input guys something so simple completely overlooked.

Good to hear you found the cause of your issues.

I guess you didn't try my suggestion in your other thread ;)

Try shooting left handed and see if it still happens. If it doesn't, your hands are the problem.

Edited by Quack

Been shooting the 1911 platform for a lot of years and never had the problem..

However it is confirmed I was riding the shit out of the slide stop with my left thumb.... No idea where I picked up this bad habit. Nothing wrong with the gun at all, with any magazine... WOW...

Maybe I guess since I had the mindset to dive in competitively I was trying to get a better more aggressive feeling grip on the gun or something, and was completely unaware of what I was doing. Thanks for all the input guys something so simple completely overlooked.

Just glad you didn't spend anymore time/money fixing the gun when the problem was behind it! Super frustrating and humbling when stuff like that happens.

I'm wondering about you riding the slide from the way you describe the brass dribbling out...I only have brass dribble out like like with my 9mm 1911s with 147gr minor loads and alot of grit in the gun. I know I ride the slide as well since It's lost all its finish in that area...

I guess I was in denial as I never really have had this problem with any other 1911 I've owned.. I forget who said it but when they said, 2 different guns, 2 separate manufactures and the same problem maybe it's you. Drew the gun from holster doing some dry fire looked at my grip and yep, it was me..

I developed this bad habit out of no where..

And if I would have just listened to Quack and shot it weak hand unsupported ;) Live and learn.