Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where are you lubing? With what?

Wesquire

I use slide glide on the rails, on the "bean on the barrel", the locking lugs on the slide, and a little spread on the slide stop. Then I use gun oil or Cudalube with a drop down the back of the hammer, light coat around barrel, and down each side of trigger bar that rubs against the frame. Be very light if use Cudalube as doesn't take much. It works good to me as its like its right between a lube like slide glide and an oil like Hoppes or something

Shoot me straight, is slide glide really that good?

I like it because it stays where you put it even when the gun gets hot. It extends cleaning interval and works well with carbon build up. I'm approaching 2000 rounds in a very tight Cheely custom 2011 and I see enough lube to go another 2000.

I used to use gun grease but have switched to mobil 1 0-20 synthetic oil, pretty much perfect as far as viscosity in cold and warm temperatures. You would be surprised how much viscosity has an effect on slide speed and feel, especially on a tighter fitted slide to frame fit. The grease while lasting a long time would slow the recoiling slide a bit compared to the oil, kind of like a molasses feeling verses a slick buttery feel. Plus a quart of mobil 1 will last a lifetime of shooting at a cost of $7 at Wally World.

I used to use gun grease but have switched to mobil 1 0-20 synthetic oil, pretty much perfect as far as viscosity in cold and warm temperatures. You would be surprised how much viscosity has an effect on slide speed and feel, especially on a tighter fitted slide to frame fit. The grease while lasting a long time would slow the recoiling slide a bit compared to the oil, kind of like a molasses feeling verses a slick buttery feel. Plus a quart of mobil 1 will last a lifetime of shooting at a cost of $7 at Wally World.

My slide feels extremely buttery with tetra.

Save yourself some cash guys and run the Lubricate SFL. I usually split a grease gun canister with 2-4 people so it ends up being like $3 for a 3 years supply.

The shit rocks. It's not marked up for being tactical or because it has someone's name on it. I run it from 0 degrees Fahrenheit to 115 degrees Fahrenheit. It's an industrial grease designed to work in extreme conditions like these guns run in.

What Nealio says. I bought a tube a year ago. Split it with 3 guys and still have my cut. Clean my gun every 1000 rounds and zero issues 15k later. I will avoid using it in extreme cold. Even though its rated for it, I use oil when its 30ish degrees out. Then again I now refuse to shoot when its that cold out.

Edited by praetorian97