Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BE Forum loading issues

Zmego

Got the 8:00 problem again tonight:

(IP address 71.107.132.75)

VNC at ~ 2002 PDT

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@brianenos.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

retry at 2004 PDT

time out error

retry at 2006 PDT

Back alive.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From TSS:

Brian,

I do see some errors in the logs that line up with that, but the errors
themselves are vague.

[Wed Apr 15 23:04:10 2015] [error] [client 71.107.132.75] Script timed out
before returning headers: index.php, referer:
http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&period=unread&userMode=&search_app=forums&sid=816c62ebc3c5c2a8f8b935181063e34e&st=50

Basically that means the script took too long to generate headers, so it just
failed before sending anything. That could be caused by a number of issues
really.

So what I did was checked your PHP settings, and adjusted memory and execution
time settings to try and see if that corrects the issue. If the scripts are
timing out quickly, like shortly after someone tries and loads the page, there's
probably some PHP code that's crashing, or erroring out, silently. There are no
PHP errors that coincide with this, as is often the case in script timeouts like
this, so we'll have to do some trial and error.
--

• 3 weeks later...

Another 2000 hangup tonight. First one

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@brianenos.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

and then about 2004

www.brianenos.com Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

same IP address

TSS asked:

Brian, can you confirm the timezone for this error. I noticed there were some problems at 11pm EDT, and according to our notes we needed to restart mysql at that time. However at 20.00 EDT I'm not finding errors.

Right on time tonight: ~2000 PDT/MST

Internal Server Error

The forum went down on schedule. The main website worked, but it started showing the same sort of behavior about 1 minute since the forum started it stall. It was also flaky but not as solid as the forum. The fun began at 2000 PDT/MST again.

I had an issue while searching. Usually I search for a topic, read a post in the results list, click the back button, I look back through the list to find more. Tonight around 2000 EDT, it would time out. Not the same as the loading issues but it did show a 404 error, which is the same. No issues with the searches but only with navigation.

Sent from the range

Yup...

Internal Server Error

An online member check 5 minutes before the bombs away time-zone would be just fine.

I think you forgot to follow your signature!

:devil:

Actually, I have tested a ton of software during my career. One could make the case that the user count 5 minutes before the event is meaningless... My approach will be to reload the main forum screen until it freezes. ;)