Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RANGERTRACE2 is here.....

RangerTrace

Wait, you're canceling your subscription to SV of the month club?? What is the world coming to???

What texture is that grip? IMP?

It is the aggressive micro pockets and they are super aggressive. Truly, I only ordered it this way to give potential clients the opportunity to feel both grips textures on my guns. I actually prefer grip tape at this point, but I've only got 250 rounds on this gun. Maybe it will grow on me. I love the way it looks and the fact that it won't wear off. It's also nice to not have to worry about getting solvent on it....:-)

This is where I have issues with steel grips. Reminds me of the three little bears... Except I can never find 2 of the 3 to try at the same time. I'm not very well off, and can't buy a $700 grip to try to see if I like. I know I like the weight in the right place, I'm sure steel tames/absorbs recoil nicely, but.. Aggressive might be too aggressive, medium might not be enough, and grip tape is perfect, but why the hell would I want grip tape on my $700 grip, on my $5000 gun??? I just can't do it.

My new gun has a plastic grip reduced and Si Ca sand treatment. It's like sand paper but looks & feels great. Wonder If it could be successfully applied to a steel grip without rubbing uff

Edited by 818-DVC

This is where I have issues with steel grips. Reminds me of the three little bears... Except I can never find 2 of the 3 to try at the same time. I'm not very well off, and can't buy a $700 grip to try to see if I like. I know I like the weight in the right place, I'm sure steel tames/absorbs recoil nicely, but.. Aggressive might be too aggressive, medium might not be enough, and grip tape is perfect, but why the hell would I want grip tape on my $700 grip, on my $5000 gun??? I just can't do it.

My new gun has a plastic grip reduced and Si Ca sand treatment. It's like sand paper but looks & feels great. Wonder If it could be successfully applied to a steel grip without rubbing uff

Here is where we have different opinions. Besides feel, what I like about grip tape is that I can totally change the look of my pistol for $10. You can go online to those skateboarding sites and buy tons of different patters and colors. Brandon is then happen to laser cut them to fit your grip......

Is there a noticeable difference between the 5.4 and 5.0? I have a 5.4 coming and I just had to bite the bullet. I couldn't test fire a 5.4 here in Australia because there are none!

When I put down my deposit, Brandon was nice enough to send me samples of the kinds of grips so I could check them all out, even after setting up me to shoot with Don. :) It's not that hard to get what you'd like!

When I put down my deposit, Brandon was nice enough to send me samples of the kinds of grips so I could check them all out, even after setting up me to shoot with Don. :) It's not that hard to get what you'd like!

You mean all I have to do, is buy an SV??

Sounds like a plan!

Is there a noticeable difference between the 5.4 and 5.0? I have a 5.4 coming and I just had to bite the bullet. I couldn't test fire a 5.4 here in Australia because there are none!

Yes. The 5.4 is a tad softer and has a little less muzzle flip because of the extra .4 inches of barrel/rib.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...