Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the best trigger for a limited glock 35?

LuckyDucky

The one you are willing to pay for and what you want it to feel like.......

They are all good, that is like asking what is a better pickup Ford or Chevy?

DK and GlockTriggers are in the vendor section, you can't go wrong with either, if you Google Glock trigger mods, you will find more than you want to research.

I just went with a Johnnyglocks custom trigger for my G24.

Do a search in the Glock section on triggers and you will find more info than you care to read.

I'd prefer to keep it under $150, but I want the best feeling trigger I can get... or closer to a 1911.

I was wondering what the vendors are and what people use. I know about zev and pyramid because they are sold on brownells, midwayUSA and glockstore.

Why did you pick johnnyglocks?

Edited by LuckyDucky

I watched his YouTube videos and liked what I saw. I spent close to 30 minutes with him on the phone going over the trigger and what I wanted it to feel like when it was installed.

The previous owner of the gun had put a modified trigger assembly in it, when you held the trigger to the rear after the shot for the reset, the sear would disengage from the striker, basically full auto. I put a new trigger bar/sear in it but didn't like the mushy trigger I was left with.

I put the GlockTriggers EDGE kit in my 35 and have been very happy with it. Is it 1911 feel, not even close, but it is a whole bunch better than the stock trigger.

No glock trigger will feel like a 1911. Ever. They can be made to feel much better than stock for sure, but have realistic expectations. I liked the Vogel trigger, the Pyramid trigger and my own DIY on the various 34, 21 and 41 glocks I've had.

• 4 weeks later...

No glock trigger will feel like a 1911. Ever. They can be made to feel much better than stock for sure, but have realistic expectations. I liked the Vogel trigger, the Pyramid trigger and my own DIY on the various 34, 21 and 41 glocks I've had.

Yep. Definitely never going to feel like a 1911. I have a ZEV in my G22/24 Frankengun, (G22 with a Lone Wolf 6" top), and I can get the pre-travel and reset down fairly short, but it's still not like a 1911. There is a "springy" quality to a Glock trigger release that a 1911 just doesn't have. A 1911 is like a glass rod breaking.

Add to that the fact that I was getting light primer strikes with the lightened striker and spring, (which was a 2# trigger), and I had to go back to a stock striker and spring with a race connector to get good ignition. It's about 3# now, but there is practically zero pre-travel, (just enough to keep the safety working.)

Nope. I'll stick with my 2011 open gun for the most part.