Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Installed Extreme Delta trigger and one piece sear in my Stock II

Gdub

I installed a Delta Extreme hammer and a one piece sear in my stock II that already had most of the go fast parts installed. It dropped both SA and DA trigger pulls by 1# each. Is that normal or did I just get lucky? My SA trigger pull is now 2 lbs. 13 oz. and my DA trigger pull is now 6 lbs. 11 oz.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you also put in the interrupter that should be used with the one piece sear?

The trigger shouldn't change much or even anything on the pull weight. I have the stock trigger and I'm getting 6#10oz DA and 2#8oz SA.

This is with the Titan hammer, one piece sear, interrupter, and some light springs.

I was told it had an EG light hammer spring in it already. Yes I installed the interruptor for the one piece sear. Although, Eric Graufell told me I didn't need it the factory interruptor should work with a one piece sear.

I guess I was unaware of a special interruptor going with the one piece sear. I only have just used the factory one and given it a good polish on the friction points. My DA on my Stock II's are both around 5.75# if memory serves me correct and SA is in the 2.0-2.25# range. I don't have a fancy trigger pull gauge but that's close. I like the delta hammer but put the Xtreme on both mine and I noticed a little improvement in SA but the hammer seems to hit harder and reliability is more paramount to me then trigger weight. On a side note and not meaning to thread hijack but if anyone has a Limited in .40 or a Gold team in .38 super that's in great condition I have a Stock II in 9mm and a Stock III in .40 I'd entertain trades for.

I doubt the interruptor would change trigger weight - I do hope it reduces some of the takeup.

Just got my hammer, sear and interruptor yesterday, will compare to stock dimensions a install on wednesday.

Will install in Stock 2. Lighter hammer spring has already made a big difference and polishing the trigger mechanism will be a big improvement. Stock components are very gritty.

I did experiment with an oversized interruptor in my Stock 3 and made a huge difference - use it for Limited and Steel, since it is not production legal.

You can check out my posts on the subject.

from how I read the rules you can use any firing pin and cgw disco and still be legal, internal mods are ok, otherwise every lightened glock striker and custom connector wouldn't be production legal either

I believe CZ Custom shop uses CGW disco's and other parts - Tanfoglio does not [at least not openly].

Have not checked in the last year but, a year ago Henning's pin was not production legal - as per Henning. Eric's is legal. Eric is Tanfoglio at this time, Henning is not.

The LDA parts site explicitly states that Eric's pin is "legal for production" - as of last week. I have Henning's pin in my Match also [sC gun].

I would love to use my CGW diso in production - spent much effort to fit it to my stock 3. The CGW one piece sear I use in my Match is tuned for almost zero pre-travel of the Henning trigger, but it is not legal either.

CGW told me that these parts would be disallowed for use in a production Tanfoglio.

Hope that you have better info and that the gods of USPSA give you a different answer than I got.

I've never seen a disco inspection at a match so this may not have any practical impact.

Edited by AlphaSeeker

Alphaseeker. I think you have a confusion with ipsc vs uspsa production rules. In uspsa any brand internals are ok. In ipsc they have to be manufacturer options.

The old henning pin was not production legal as you had to remove the firing pin block which is not legal in prod div. the current henning pin is uspsa production legal

you need to fit the sear to the safety. this is normal. nothing is ever 100% promised drop in. the bump on the sear that the safety engages needs to be fitted. or you can fit the safety to the sear. that way assuming all new sears are the same they won't need fitting in the future. personally since the sear is cheaper I'd do the fitting on that... cheaper to replace if you fudge it. tip: don't get impatient with all the removal and refitting. take it slow. little bit at a time then refit and test... rinse and repeat till it works.

I already fit the sear and all is functioning as advertised. Looks like the new sear is case hardened.

Would think that a part that requires metal removal would be fully hardened to prevent wear after fitting.

i am going to install the CGW disco, since the one recommended for this hammer does not reduce pre-travel.

post-53024-0-33687800-1427375362_thumb.j