Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Same casefeeder for both the 550 and the 650?

I have both the XL650 and the RL550B and I am hoping to swap the collator part of the casefeeder assembly between both machines to save a little money. Can you guys tell me if the collator is the same between both? I am hoping to just buy the 550B casefeed assembly and then just use the collator for both machines.

I believe the different part number is because the 550 feeder comes with the pole and on the 650 that comes with the press

The bowls are definitely not the same unless the info on dillons site is misleading. The 550 micro switch is down on the tube and not mounted on the face of the CF.

Just because it's different doesn't mean you can't make it work. They said you couldn't load 223 on a 550 with a casefeeeder, but many do.

Agreed. You will have to buy the 550 casefeeder to get all the little parts for the lower half on the 550. But it should fit right into the 650 on the bottom. I'm sure the drop tubes are the same diameter right? You might have to lower one of the support rods to make everything line up but thats pretty minor if it makes this work for you.

Is the switch moved lower so the colum weight s lower? If so you could add a proximity switch at any height and just have it shut power off to the collator by wiring it to a single outlet. When you want to go back to a 650/1050 just plug it into an outlet that is always "hot".

From my notes on this topic:

650 Casefeeder: A 650 Casefeeder will not work/fit on a 550.
The 550 Casefeeder's tube attaches to the Casefeed / funnel assembly, whereas the 650's Casefeed tube does not attach to the Casefeeder.
To move a 550 Casefeeder to a 650, you will have to cut about 4" off the bottom of the 550's tube.
550 Casefeeder: The Casefeeder assembly itself will work/fit on the 650, but a 650 Casefeeder assembly will not work/fit on a 550.
The 550 Casefeeder's tube attaches to the Casefeed / funnel assembly, whereas the 650's Casefeed tube does not attach to the Casefeeder.
To move a 550 Casefeeder to a 650, you will have to cut about 4" off the bottom of the 550's tube.
If you don't want to cut the 550's Casefeed Tube:
Buy the clear Casefeed funnel as an assembly, with all the wires, switches, and resistor. Stock # 22173, $42.95

How about a "semi-automatic" case feeder? Ran across this on another site and thought it might offer an inexpensive and quick fix for some who want a case feeder like yesterday, but don't have the funds or aren't quite sure.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=233964

Insanely simple and if you're like me, you have some of the equipment already following your upgrade from a Lee Loadmaster to the Dillon.

If posting this is in violation of the Forum's policies, please remove it and spank the back of my hand.

• 3 months later...